What do I do if a sales representative lied to me?

Carte

Last Saturday I went into a local Verizon store in Macedonia Ohio, because I need Verizon for my new job. The problem is, now that I have done a bit more reading about the phone that they sold me, I feel like I have been lied to and deceived.

The man at the store was very friendly. I told him I wanted to have the most durable phone, that had the best battery life. He brought out a couple of phones. One of those phones was the Droid Maxx 2, which he stated had the biggest battery and also had a shatter proof glass screen. Another sales rep in the building also agreed, while standing next to him. He went on to say how that on youtube you can search and see a guy hitting it with a mallet and the glass still would not crack. When I was asked if I wanted insurance, I stated "no, because the glass is shatterproof" and both employees said, "yes, but it is not waterproof", further confirming their statement that my phone was shatterproof.

The phone ended up being approximately $650.00, although there was an immediate $100.00 credit (which still has not shown up on my account) along with a $300.00 credit for a smartphone trade in.

Over the last couple of days, while doing some reading about my phone, I realized that the phone I was given in fact is not shatterproof. The phone which is shatter proof is the Droid Turbo 2. Furthermore, when researching online, the price of the Droid Turbo 2 was about $684.00 if I recall correctly, while the Maxx 2 was only $384.00. So not only was I given incorrect information about the phone I received, but I feel like I was overcharged. Is there a legitimate complaint I can make regarding these sales reps?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: What do I do if a sales representative lied to me?

Carte

I am sorry, this is actually a misunderstanding. The rep at the place told me it was the Maxx 2, but I actually do have the Turbo 2. False alarm! Probably just a mistake of words on their part.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Carte, you have come to the right place. We are saddened to hear that this was your initial experience with Verizon Wireless and did not provide you the stellar start that we would expect. Please know, that every phone we sell does come with a 14 day worry free guarantee. Now that you have had the opportunity to review the devices, if this is not the phone for you, please take advantage of that guarantee to return this and get the phone that you truly want.

We do like to address feedback for any store and provide the details to both store management and district management. In Macedonia, I show two indirect stores. One is located on Macedonia Commons Boulevard and the other on Golden Link Boulevard. Are you able to advise which location you visited so that we are able to escalate this to the correct store on your behalf?
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Carte

Thank you.

0 Likes