Re: What can be done - my number is being used in a caller ID spoofing scam

boringusername

if someone is spoofing your number there isn't anything Verizon can do about it. if someone is accusing explain to them what spoofing and tell them if they continue to bother you YOU will be one to file a report. Since they don't want calls from your number then it's very easy for them to block your number,

Ann154
Expert

I might even consider blocking that number from the lady personally so they can't leave those voicemails either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Whatjusthappened, we understand how this can be concerning. We love your loyalty to Verizon Wireless for the past 20+ years. Please know that you can always block the number that is calling you. You can block up to five numbers for free on My Verizon https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-numbers/. This does sound like that your number is being spoofed. To find out more information about Caller ID Spoofing, please follow this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/company-name-id-faqs/#item9 (Question #9). I hope that this is helpful information. 

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

DAVMIL68

I just received a call from a man that said I just called him.  My phone shows no call made.  Now my number has been spoofed on top of being available to shady telemarketers and schemes.

I don't have time to answer every call to find out if it is a robocall or telemarketer.  I don't have the time to say I didn't call someone when they say I just called them.  I now have roughly 90 different numbers for over 10 states in two months.  I have blocked most of them and noted the service being sold.  I am not going to change my number that I have had for 21 years and tell all my friends and family to update my phone information because a billion dollar company can't keep my information safe.

Pretty sure there will be another class-action suit against Verizon. 

Highlighted

boringusername

DAVMIL68 wrote:

I just received a call from a man that said I just called him. My phone shows no call made. Now my number has been spoofed on top of being available to shady telemarketers and schemes.

I don't have time to answer every call to find out if it is a robocall or telemarketer. I don't have the time to say I didn't call someone when they say I just called them. I now have roughly 90 different numbers for over 10 states in two months. I have blocked most of them and noted the service being sold. I am not going to change my number that I have had for 21 years and tell all my friends and family to update my phone information because a billion dollar company can't keep my information safe.

Pretty sure there will be another class-action suit against Verizon.

A) you cannot file class action suits. Supreme court ruling sauys so.

B) Even if you could you would lose since this is not a Verizon issue.

C )Even if you could win lawsuits take YEARS. You seem like you want something done NOW not in 10 years.

MoneeLuv

VerizonCustomerService:

Since this spoofing such a big issue, why are you only giving us the ability to block 5 numbers and not as many as necessary for free?

In the past 3 months and again today, I've had people calling me saying they received a call.

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
0 Likes