Highlighted

What are the data usage category details?

deljones61

What Apps specifically fall under each category?  For the "Web" category, is that "Safari" only (on an iphone) or does it include other apps?

Labels (1)

Re: What are the data usage category details?

deljones61

I don't want someone's guesses.  I would like Verizon to tell me, please.

Ann154
Expert

Why don't you look the phone's on-board data counter?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

deljones61

It's for my teenager's phone that is either inadvertently or on purpose being reset continually, so I can't check there

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand the concern for knowing what your teenager is using on their mobile device deljones61. Here is a link with information on how data is catergorized on your account http://vz.to/1Fy2R5Z . Our online tool uses 12-categories. http://vz.to/1TdM0gs Data is broken down into to the following catergories:

•Web & Apps
•Email & Messaging
•Social Media & Networking
•Maps & Navigation
•Downloads

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

instantchip

This doesn't answer the question many are asking over and over, what apps are included under each of Verizon's categories? At least the top 10-12 most popular apps in each category)

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@instantchip wrote:

This doesn't answer the question many are asking over and over, what apps are included under each of Verizon's categories? At least the top 10-12 most popular apps in each category)

All apps are included.  Every single app.   
Your data use is private.  Verizon (or any other carrier) can only give an approximation of how your data was used. It cannot tell you application by application how much data was used. The only place that information is available is on the phone it's self.

it was a mistake for AT&T and Verizon to provide these approximated data use reports. They cannot possibly be accurate because of the privacy issue. Therefore all they do is miss lead people into believing that the carrier can provide the information that you were asking for.  They CAN'T.  And what are you really wants them to? Do you really want your cell carrier to know absolutely everything you do on your phone? Your access to financial issues?   Uh uh!   

katzbme

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I know you want as much information as possible about your usage, instantchip. While we try our best to approximate which categories the usage falls under, for privacy reasons, this is not a perfect science and should only be considered an approximation or estimate. Specific apps aren't denoted. Does this clarify? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes