Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

What a Big Let Down

leedog

I always put Verizon on a pedestal until today. I ordered and received the Samsung Note 5 in September. The salesman told me that I have to send my old Note 2 back and after it is received I would get a $200.00 credit on my bill. Not only that but I also received a text message saying the same thing. Here I am on October 21 and Verizon tells me on the phone that no such credit is forthcoming / that the information is incorrect!!

Amazing. .... Thanks for nothing Verizon. In the almost 25 Years that we have had Verizon service this is truly heartbreaking and very annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: What a Big Let Down

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Leedog,

We try to excel at providing accurate information at all times. We know how crucial it is to meet this goal, per every dollar counts. Sorry to hear we missed the mark. Lets get this fixed. Did you receive a reason or email stating why you did not receive the $200.00 credit on your bill?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

leedog

I called Verizon again about the same issue. This time I was told this following statement from the Verizon representative. (The credit was in the form of the return of your old phone. Since you DID return it! You will not be charged the $200.00 fee. This is the credit we were talking about.)

I give up Verizon, you win. It's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of. Why would I keep a old phone in the first place. All this is fruitless. Now my wife (the account holder) says she is not going to buy another phone. I don't blame her. What a letdown.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Was the note 2 out of contract or had it's Edge financing paid off in full?

I am assuming not.  In order to be forgiven an portion of a 2 year contract or the rest of your Edge payments, you have to return the phone still under contract.  If you don't return it you are billed $200 for failing to return it.

Device Payment FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Read section about early upgrades at the bottom.

0 Likes

leedog

Dear mama23dogs, the Note 2 was not acquired on the edge program, I paid for it. I also got my new Note 5 when an early upgrade came in (according to Verizon Wireless). When I first called Verizon, and spoke to a representative in sales, I was told in these EXACT WORDS:

The Note 5 is an excellent smartphone by Samsung. If you decide to get it not only will you be paying only $8.00 a month due to the smartphone credit already on your bill but, you will also recieve a $200.00 credit for purchasing the Note 5. This credit will be available after your second billing cycle and will probably be in the form of a rebate card or something similar.

There was no mention of anything else. The salesman did explain that I would have to send back my present phone (which was not a problem at all).

But being the gentleman that I am, It's not a problem. Its been a pleasure doing business with you all these years. My wife and I thank you very much for giving us great service. Thank you.

0 Likes

Devent2

Early upgrade meaning that since you are upgrading early, you will need to trade in your device to pay off the remainder of your contract which I'm guessing is where the 200 is coming from.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

AH, ha.  You should have received a code to claim your rebate.  Pester Verizon on social media or call and ask about your code and how to redeem it.

0 Likes