Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

What Happens if My Device Was Lost Or Stolen?

EAMARTIN21

I bought a phone from Verizon, & making monthly payments on it,   I do not have a contract with Verizon, its month to month service

If my phone was lost or stole, does the insurance pay off the remaining balance to Verizon? Or does the insurance send me another phone identical to the one I have and I continue making payments on it?   This insurance thing is confusing, and the customer service is awful when asking them questions.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Phone insurance

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Insurance will replace the phone (for the deductible) and you continue making payments on the original agreement.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Insurance will replace the phone (for the deductible) and you continue making payments on the original agreement.

View solution in original post

mariankane

This really terrible I cannot get a response on how to stop these people from using my device is there a way to lock it?

0 Likes

mariankane

It is not a fudging phone it is a tablet. I want to know how to do something proactive

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

@mariankane wrote:

It is not a fudging phone it is a tablet. I want to know how to do something proactive

@mariankane wrote:

This really terrible I cannot get a response on how to stop these people from using my device is there a way to lock it?

Unfortunately, being "proactive" means to prepare for this before it was lost or stolen.

There is a way to lock or erase a device when it has been lost or stolen but you have to set it up prior to it happening. From your question, it appears as if you didn't do that. If you didn't, you are likely out of luck. Was your device an Apple device or an android device?

Android devices

Apple devices

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

FYI this is a 3 year old thread you replied to. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having a lost or stolen device is the worst feeling, Mariankane. It's important this is suspended so no one can use the device. You can suspend services on line through your My Verizon account or by speaking to a Customer Service representative. You can learn more here, http://spr.ly/660914pzx. You can also look into options to locate the device and lock it here, http://spr.ly/660014pzI. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes

JamieBruce

I want to pay the deductible to get a new phone on [edited for privacy] please hers is in the bottom of the lake

0 Likes

KH-Ornah
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JamieBruce,

I'm sorry to hear about that phone ending up at the bottom of a lake. I know it doesn't do anyone much good there. You can file a claim to start on a replacement at https://www.phoneclaim.com/verizon/

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes