Highlighted

What Happened to Integrity?

pat6907

I am very concerned about the integrity and competency of Verizon Wireless at both the corporate and store location.

I was called in late August/Early September about lowering my rate. The female representative offered me a plan to increase my data to 18gb and also lower my bill to $240 plus regulatory fees and insurance, which should come out to be just over $300.  I asked 3 times for the representative to restate what the new bill would be and she did, each time restating the same. I was very happy because I had just told my children that after their plans were up I was not renewing the contracts because the bill was too expensive. So, when the rep called and offered to increase my plan and decrease my bill, I just assumed Verizon was trying to be competitive with the other carriers and agreed to change the plan.

In September, my daughter, who is away at college, called me from college and asked if she could trade her iPhone 5s in for a new model. I told her only if there were no additional charges. She agreed and then proceeded to tell me that the Verizon Wireless rep in store was taking her phone as a trade for 300. $200 would go toward the new iPhone 6S+ but that she would need to stay under the contract for 24 more months. The representative said he could apply the other $100 to an iPad but that the iPad would cost $10/month.  I wanted to make sure before preceding, so my daughter put the store representative on the phone and he explained the same exact thing to me. I figure I was saving close to 100 with the new plan, that increasing the plan $10 was OK. 

As luck would have it, my daughter texted my son, also away at college, and told him about the deal she got. He called and asked if he could to get the same deal as his sister and I said, “Yes.” I said yes under the presumption that he too would be under contract for 24 months as well with no additional cost.

A month later I received a bill and noticed that there were equipment charges for both of the phones that we did not agree to and an increase in my plan that was supposed to be saving me money.  I called customer service numerous times since then.  No one can/will help me and when I am told that someone will call me back, no one ever does.  Broken promises from customer service reps and in-store reps. VZW is trying to hold me accountable to pay a bill I did not agree to.  If I had not been called by your rep initially offering me a reduction in my bill, I would not have allowed my kids to upgrade and I would not be charged for additional plan and equipment fees.  I have 2 kids in college and I certainly do not want to add expense, I only want/need to reduce them.  I am Extremely upset with the false statements made by numerous representative and desperately need to speak with someone who can help me resolve these issues. 

Please have someone call me as soon as possible.

Regards,

Patrick [removed for privacy reasons as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] (Customer for 13 years)

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: What Happened to Integrity?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your long time loyalty, pat6907. I understand the importance of maintaining a bill that provides savings to you every month. From what you have described it appears that your children enrolled in our device payment program. It's crucial that our representatives provide the proper expectations for this program, as this does add the monthly installment of the device to the bill every month. We can submit feedback to ensure this behavior is addressed at the locations that were visited. Do you know which stores your children purchased the devices from? http://bit.ly/3SdsA

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

You weren't in the store with your children to read the paperwork, you charged them (2 college kids who only see that they're getting new iPhones and iPads) with the task of signing the paperwork for you. They didn't care about what they costs were. Now, the rep did speak with you over the phone but had you been in the store you could have read the paperwork prior to signing it and question everything. This would have been the time to pull the plug on a sale that didn't add up. Of course, Verizon is now going to hold you to the terms of the agreements that you allowed your children to sign in your absence. In the future, don't let your kids sign anything in place of you.

jelanib

I feel your pain, the same thing pretty much happened to me. Sprmankalel, it's not that easy when the charges and the contract don't add up. You don't realize you've really been duped until you see the bill.

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

In all fairness, we as consumers have been dealing with these cell companies for well over 15 years. I am baffled how people don't understand it at all at this point.