What Does "Estimated Usage" Mean?

sanketsmi

Estimated usage??? So have I been paying overage charges for the last 4 months on Estimated usage? Or is this a scam push to get us on the unlimited plan, which of course is more expensive?

So for the last 4 months we've gone over our data - but today it says "estimated usage" so are we actually over? or did we once and now you charge us every month? OR is it a push to get us to go on your unlimited plan, which happened to arrive the same time our usage kept going over.  "chatting" with customer service gets you no where, they just try to sell. Finding an actual person who speaks proper English by phone is next to near impossible.  You wonder why your marketing budget is so high?  Because you keep losing customers due to your lack of customer service.  If you had customer service, people would stay customers and you wouldn't have to keep buying them back every two years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Estimated usage??? So have I been paying overage charges for the last 4 months on Estimated usage? Or is this a scam push to get us on the unlimited plan, which of course is more expensive?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

sanketsmi wrote:

So for the last 4 months we've gone over our data - but today it says "estimated usage" so are we actually over? or did we once and now you charge us every month? OR is it a push to get us to go on your unlimited plan, which happened to arrive the same time our usage kept going over.

You only get charged overages when you DO exceed your data allowance. It states "estimated usage" because it is not real time. It can take several hours to a day or more for data you use to reflect on the counters in MyVerizon.

0 Likes

Re: Estimated usage??? So have I been paying overage charges for the last 4 months on Estimated usage? Or is this a scam push to get us on the unlimited plan, which of course is more expensive?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Having a premium customer service experience is a must, sanketsmi. As rschnoor stated all of your usage is estimated based on what our towers report back to us, and there can be delays. We’re happy to take a closer look into this issue, but it sounds like we need to review plan options if you’re consistently going over your data. Please respond to the private message I have sent you so we can help.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes