What constitutes data usage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: what constitues data?

Community Manager
Community Manager

JACDEC6, we want to make sure you understand how data works. Anytime your device connects to the internet you are using data. This includes but is not limited to, checking emails, watching movies or videos, playing music, and even using location based apps. For more information about data usage follow the link: http://vz.to/2hbtkBM

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

JACDEC6, we want to make sure you understand how data works. Anytime your device connects to the internet you are using data. This includes but is not limited to, checking emails, watching movies or videos, playing music, and even using location based apps. For more information about data usage follow the link: http://vz.to/2hbtkBM

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Anything that is tranferred over the internet when you are not on wifi.  Text messages through Verizon are not counted, but any other type of messaging or chat app will use data, including iMessages on the Apple platform.  Almost every app you use is going to use data.  Data can be used in the background.  Video, even video you don't watch but is downloaded in the background uses large amount of data.  Did you have a specific concern. 

0 Likes

nancpv12

Very helpful, thank you!

0 Likes