Re: Were you told there was no charge to add an Ellipsis tablet other than the purchase price?

brando8998
Novice

I agree it is a bad sales tactic that is used however it is not any different than talking with a sales rep in any industry who works primarily off of commission. While I understand exactly what you all are saying about it being ethical and nice for a rep to volunteer the tablet line access I understand as a consumer their job is to sell and make money and my job is to protect my money. With that being said whenever there is a transaction I make sure to review all documentation associated with it as well as get IN WRITING the guarantee that way if I have to return to the store in the future there is no dispute from the manager as it is in his employee's writing.

It might sound crazy that we have to go the extra mile but we have to remember it is OUR account and money and nobody protects our own like ourselves.

Highlighted

Re: Were you told there was no charge to add an Ellipsis tablet other than the purchase price?

Mc2015

Here is my experience regarding the tablets.... Feedback re: Customer Service at Vancouver Plaza store. {Vancouver WA} So frustrating!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

jacyj

This exact same thing happened to me on Dec 7th...I too, questioned the value of the tablet. I already own an iPhone, macbook and an iPad - why do I need an android tablet? The salesperson informed me that I was already paying for the tablet, that it was a promotion from Verizon - totally free. Just pay for the device today, mail in your rebate, and that's it! After much convincing, I decided to go ahead with the tablet "deal". I received a pro-rated bill that was cheaper than my previous bill so I assumed the situation was legit. Now, almost 2 months later, well pass the 14 (or 30 depending who you ask) day return period, my bill is double the last bill, with nearly $80 of charges applicable to the tablet alone! When I called customer service, they were nice, but unable to make any changes given the fact I was now locked into a 2-year contract on the device.

Today I spoke to the store manager who "sold" me the tablet. He admitted that he may "not have explained the associated charges clearly". He said that he has boiler plate that he repeats to more than 100 people a week, and maybe he skipped over something in the explanation (sure he did). He insisted that since my bill was still less than my previous monthly bill, that I was not paying extra for the tablet. I should mention that I now have 1 less gig of data on my plan and the bill is a mere $5 cheaper than before, not much of a deal...The salesperson's logic is that if the bill is cheaper, the tablet is free; he did not give me the option of passing on the tablet and saving even more on my bill (the $19 a month I am being charged for the tablet currently - $10 line access fee and $9 insurance).

What I was able to get accomplished was this:

- Remove the insurance

- Receive a credit for the $40 activation fee

This will save me a little of the upfront cost associated with the tablet, but I am still on the hook for $10 per month access fee for the duration of the 2 year contract (or I pay $175 early termination fee) - either way Verizon gets their money!

I too, have been with Verizon for 10 years and am totally ashamed of how they have treated people with this promotion. It is unfortunate that I will never trust a promotion or deal presented by Verizon again. I wish I had goggled this the day I took the tablet and returned it the next day...such a waste.

Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Yes this tablet thing keeps coming up.  You bought a tablet for $240 that is the bottom line.  Ask on here before buying.  Sales is not your friend they are trying to maximize sales. 

0 Likes