Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Wasted opportunity

I am really happy with my Verizon coverage, but not happy with the price.  I've had other carriers, and I am sure I like Verizon the best as far as coverage.  As far as price goes, Verizon is the worst by far.  I guess that's one win and one loss on the pros cons.  My contract is up on Feb 9.  In deciding whether to continue with Verizon or switch to a cheaper alternative I must weigh the pros and cons. The next and only factor I have to go by is customer service.  Shortly after I bought the 2 phones on my plan, 1 of the chargers broke.  I went back to the Verizon store I had purchased my phones at and was told there is no warranty on the manufacturer chargers, but that the Verizon charger for $25 was guaranteed for a year against anything that happens to it.  When the charger broke a few months later, I was informed that the person who sold me the charger was wrong and that it wasn't covered if it broke.  Good job selling me on a false guarantee. My second interaction with customer service was today, just a couple weeks from the end of my contract.  I dropped my phone today and it quit working so I went to Verizon since I have paid for insurance.  I told the employee I had broken my phone.  They asked my phone number and then said you have warranty, call this number and give them your info and pay them $100 and you will get a replacement tomorrow.  I do think just 2 weeks from the end of my contract I should have been given some options here.  Obviously 1 option would be to spend $100 to receive a refurbished replacement phone that hopefully works (I've been down that road before and know that sometimes it can take a couple phones to get 1 that works). Another option would have been to say why don't you pick out a new phone instead of paying $100 on a used one, and get the discounted price signing a new contract. I like that option a lot better, why would I wanna spend $100 on a junk phone, when $200 gets me a new phone that should last?  I don't work for Verizon though, I'm just the customer.  Since I was only presented with 1, very poor option considering where i'm at on my contract, I chose a third option.  I bought a cheap prepaid phone and card for 1/2 the $100 deductible you wanted that will get me by until February 9.  On February 9, I will most certainly be moving on to another provider. My advice would be find better employees for your stores, or train them better. I don't give money to companies who have no desire to have my business.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Wasted opportunity

It's not that VZW doesn't care about your business...you want rules to be changed to fit your needs.  I know it may seem unfair...but you contract doesn't say that we'll offer you a better deal if you're within 2 weeks of the end of your agreement...it says EXACTLY when you'll be able to upgrade at discount pricing.  Business don't run off the "chalk board" method...you can't erase things when you don't like them and make it what you want it to be.  As for the insurance on your phone...yes, they all have a deductible...which they detail when you sign up for the service.  I don't see how VZW has wronged you in any way.  And if the sales rep really did tell you something was covered when it wasn't then shame on him...the rest of your issues is actually non-issues...

I don't want the rules changed to fit my needs.  I was stating as a business the smart idea would be to offer an early upgrade as we are talking about a couple weeks, not several months.  I would bet that a decent percentage of people in a similar situation would also change providers over this.  At the end of the day Verizon has to decide if they want the $4500 a new contract from me brings or not.  I am not looking for a handout, just a little common sense on the business side.  Is it really worth losing customers over not offering an early upgrade in the final weeks?  I was with Sprint for many years and was offered and early upgrade anytime my phone didn't last the contract.

0 Likes

Why did you continue to carry insurance on your phone when you clearly EXPECTED Verizon to accommodate you in the last few months of your contract by giving you an early upgrade?

As far as the carriers that 'care' about my business, I would only rate Verizon and AT&T in that category as Sprint and T-Mobile both refuse to expand their networks to meet my needs.  Coverage is by far the primary reason to choose a mobile phone provider and I weight it accordingly.

I always carry insurance, if I lose or break my phone for 90% of my contract I would pay the deductible and move on.  I'm not paying $100 for a phone for 2 weeks.  I guess i'm a bad customer.  I had no idea Verizon had so many people here to defend them.  You people are acting like I asked for a years free service with free phones, get over yourselves!

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

"I like Verizon the best as far as coverage.  As far as price goes, Verizon is the worst by far."

Yup, inverse relationship, not too surprising.

Borrow a phone for 2 weeks, then get the new phone you want. Usually they will let you upgrade 1 week early, so really only need to borrow a phone for 1 week. Ask around if anyone has a Verizon phone laying around.

0 Likes