Was misguided by Verizon

JABE24

Bought two Moto Z3's to update lines I already have with Verizon.  Purchased on 11/24 as part of black friday sale at a price of about $12 per phone per month.  Cyber monday deal dropped the price to $5 per line per month.  Well within the 14 day price guarantee period.  I was told I needed to cancel the order (this is on cyber monday), give the system an hour or two to process the cancellation, then simply reorder by the online representative.  A shipping label had been created an hour before my request but it never left the verizon facility based on tracking information.  The cancellation never went through, so I reached out again at about 6 PM and again at 10 PM and was assured both times, it would be handled and I would have the cheaper rate.  The 10 PM conversation went on until 11:45PM and the deals were switch back to the $20/line price.  I was told a form was filled out and the note would be placed on my account that would allow me to retroactively still get the $5 per phone per month rate.  Today, I was informed that Verizon would not honor that price.  After being online for over 5 hours, over two different days, with five or six verizon representatives and their supervisors, I still do not have the $5 rate.  I was simply pushed off and given a 1-800 number to call because they don't have the authority.  I get that they have limited authority, but come on.  This is cut and dry!  Honor the price I was told I would be given.  I made multiple attempts during cyber monday to correct the issue and was proactive.  I've been upset at Verizon in the past, but this takes the cake.  My line has been with verizon for well over 10 years and this is the first time I am seriously considering all options.  Also, until my account is updated, it currently shows I owe $480 my Droid Turbo and $480 on my iPhone which were paid off in April and May of this year.  That should be a fun correction for them to make and another 2 hours of my life plus the hours I'll spend figuring out who has coverage in my area.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Was misguided by Verizon

Verizon Employee

I'm glad to hear that the billing has been corrected, but definitely sorry to hear that no one had followed up with you, JABE24. You should always receive world-class service when reaching out to us for support. I just sent you a private message, so we can pick this up there, thanks.

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

JABE24,

Ordering a new device can be very exciting and we understand wanting to be able to get your phone for the best price possible. Verizon Wireless does commit to delivering the best products and service with customer service being the priority. Operating with integrity is at the core of who we are as a company and it does concern us to hear you feel this way after 10 years with us. We would never want to lose you and will work on finding a solution to this matter. To confirm, was your order actually canceled to the point you have not received your phones? Did you do a trade-in when purchasing the Moto z3 devices as well?

Candice_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

nel6733l

Interesting

0 Likes

JABE24

Hi Candice,

The order was canceled shortly after the shipping label was created and at least 4 or 5 hours before they left the Verizon facility.  Either shortly before or shortly after they left, the shipping address was changed to a location in Fort Worth, TX based on UPS tracking.  Either way, I never received the phones and they are on their way to a Verizon facility in TX to my knowledge and should arrive in 3 or 4 days (UPS ground).  I was not trading in phones and planned on keeping the old phones as backups.  I appreciate the fast response.  If chat representatives and their supervisors had the authority to override the price of the phone, I wouldn't have aired my grievances publicly.  Again, appreciate your response and willingness to make this right.

0 Likes

boringusername

Should have stuck with the original order. So you have to pay $12 instead of $5 that's the chance you took. still cheaper than $20. Next time wait for cyber Monday or live with your choices.

0 Likes

JABE24

$7 difference per phone, two phones, $14 per month.  Over two years that is over $300.  I choose to be frugal and save where I can.

Black Friday was android focused.  Cyber monday was iPhone focused.  The Moto Z3 was the only android that had a sale on Monday along with the iPhones.  It just so happened to be cheaper than the black friday price.

There was supposed to be no "chance" as the phones were within the 14 day window of the price protection policy that Verizon has in place.  Also, Verizon never indicated there would be any issues with the return and reordering them.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

Thanks for getting back to us. We definitely want to review the account and see what we can do. Please respond to our private message.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

boringusername

You saved money on the first deal and should have left well enough alone. How much you saving now?

0 Likes

JABE24

Math is in the first line...  over $300 if/when I get the second price reduction.  Compared to full retail, over $700 total in savings.  Worth the effort I'd say.

0 Likes

JABE24

Billing has been corrected for the returned phones.  Still have not heard from Verizon specifically regarding the new phones at the promised price.  Had JoeL_VZW private message me on 11/30 asking how best to contact me.  I responded same day, have not heard back from him or anyone else at Verizon yet through private messaging, email, or other.  I assume they're hoping I'll just go away at this point now that the bill has been corrected.

Apparently no one at Verizon has the authority to fix problems.  Only sell phones and set up new lines.

I initially started the whole process over a week ago!  Talk about ridiculous!

0 Likes