Highlighted

Warranty fraud

I have an LG G2 and have had troubles with this device constantly. This will be my 5th replacement! This last warranty I called in I got an e-mail saying I will be charged $299.00 for physical damage done to the phone. In the e-mail there was suppose to be pictures of the device and the box but the images could not be download or shown, i tried every browser and even tried opening on a computer. Two and half weeks later, after calling Verizon Customer Support every day, i finally get a representative to send me the photos by e-mail. The pictures have terrible quality, i cant even make out the tracking number on the side of the box. Not to mention the photo of the phone doesn't even have a picture of the MEID or any kind of proof that the picture of the damaged phone was the one I sent in. I am not paying $299.00 for a damaged device I did not do. I have Total Mobile Protection and pay $11.00 a month if I broke the phone I would have paid the fee to get a brand new device instead of paying such amount for a refurbished one. This has been going on since January I have called Verizon everyday and nothing has been done. I am now to the point of suing. What can i do to get this right?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Warranty fraud

Community Manager
Community Manager
Courtneybsmith2013,  I can understand your frustration. A damaged device charge is definitely not a fun surprise to see on your bill. What type of damage was found on the phone? Once a phone is replaced we ask that the defective phone be returned to us. It is then inspected and if any damage is found, the damage fee is applied. I apologize but that fee is non refundable. I can however take a look at the account to see what type of damage was found on the device. If you would like me to take a look, please send me a direct message so I may review the account.  JohnB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Good luck that's all I can say. You have to prove the phone itself has problems and it is in no relation to anything else you have done. Also Verizon will not be the liable one as LG is the device owner and manufacturer. This argument has been to court more than hundred times and every time has failed when everything was directed at the carrier.

Basically it's like me suing you for what you distant uncle did.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Also all insurance companies which carriers do not control reserve the right to give you a refurbished device. You agreed to that when you signed up. Assurant is your underwriter not Verizon. You are paying Verizon to pay Assurant  to simplify your billing nothing more. Just a heads up if you switch carriers for this don't get insurance. They all use the same underwriter, and all of them have the same clauses because of it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Courtneybsmith2013,  I can understand your frustration. A damaged device charge is definitely not a fun surprise to see on your bill. What type of damage was found on the phone? Once a phone is replaced we ask that the defective phone be returned to us. It is then inspected and if any damage is found, the damage fee is applied. I apologize but that fee is non refundable. I can however take a look at the account to see what type of damage was found on the device. If you would like me to take a look, please send me a direct message so I may review the account.  JohnB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Covid19