Highlighted

WHY DOES VERIZON HAVE A 50 TWITTER MESSAGE LIMIT FOR VERIZON MESSAGE APP

I would like to know why Verizon has set a 50 Twitter Message Limit for its Mobile Devices. I get on average of 300 plus Twitter Messages a day so I need that Limit removed ASAP

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: WHY DOES VERIZON HAVE A 50 TWITTER MESSAGE LIMIT FOR VERIZON MESSAGE APP

I just contacted Verizon about this.  The limit is imposed by Twitter, not Verizon.  According to Twitter, SMS texts of Tweets is available to anyone with or without a Twitter account.  But there is no limit to actual Tweets you receive through the Twitter app. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Do you receive your tweets via SMS?  worked find up until the first part of this week, then have hit the 50 incoming text messages rule every day.  It doesn't wait the 16-20 hours it says to reset.  I have unlimited text messaging, and I can send 1200 tweets daily, but can only receive 50 per day?  What the corn.....

Highlighted

Yes I do receive mine by sms. Apparently this is something they just started and in my opinion is pretty stupid

. I play fantasy sports and during football/baseball seasons I get a ton of updates. This isn't going to work! Mine is actually all received twitters I hardly never send twitters!! They will need to address this very quickly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Agreed that it's stupid!  I'm still getting the "you have reached 50" but sometimes they just keep coming...  Any idea if this is something that we can rest, or is it all on Verizon? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

The purpose of unlimited messaging is to be able to message without any limits, Deedster. Hearing that you're being restricted is troubling. We're on the case. When did this start? How does your messages from Twitter work on the stock messaging app or different third party app?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

LynnD_VZW:  Started getting the 50 limit message the last week of October.  When I checked the Twitter support questions, they claim that it was a carrier issue, and not theirs.  then I found the message posted by Shaunie88.  I use the stock messaging app that came with my phone (Note II) for all text messages.  I do not use a 3rd party app, but instead have my settings in twitter so that I'm notified via SMS/Text message.  (Mobile Notifications On).  I don't always get the text notifications like I used to.  sometimes I don't get anything at all, and sometimes I get very few.  Been dealing with it for a while, so have become used to not seeing all of them like I'm supposed to.  Thanks for the help! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have also been getting the message. I used to get a message saying it was a 200 message limit, now it says 50.

This is the exact message:

"You've reached our SMS system limit of 50 Tweets received/day. Sending Tweets not affected. Read Tweets at m.twitter.com (resets in 21 hours)."

It almost seems like a Twitter limit, but I can find no references to it on Twitter & Twitter support doesn't answer my DMs.

Ken

0 Likes
Highlighted

I, too, am getting similar messages.  There isn't much online, but it seems this is not restricted to Verizon.  I started getting the alerts the last week of October, as well.  Though the time to reset varies - sometimes being 16 21 or 3 hours.  There are times the mobile notifications seem to be blocked and other times notifications resume prior the expiration of the reset period.  This really is troubling.  Twitter is blaming the carriers and the carriers, Twitter.  Any way to figure out what is really going on?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I just contacted Verizon about this.  The limit is imposed by Twitter, not Verizon.  According to Twitter, SMS texts of Tweets is available to anyone with or without a Twitter account.  But there is no limit to actual Tweets you receive through the Twitter app. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I do remember in my Twitter settings that I could limit the number of SMS tweets that I received.  It was under mobile settings (I think), but has been gone for a while.  I wonder if one of the recent twitter updates removed that feature?  I'm still getting it, and it's still annoying...  Someone needs to get up off their butts and get it fixed... 

0 Likes