WARNING: Verizon will Double-Bill You

RBEDSAUL1

If you have Verizon FiOS and your internet is out of service (which has happened to me A LOT), which then requires you to report the issue, and take care of internet-related business using data on your Verizon Wireless plan.

If this causes you to go over your plan allowance - Verizon will NOT credit you for that.  They will expect you to pay for both services.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: WARNING: Verizon will Double-Bill You

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

First of all, Verizon Fios and Verizon Wireless are 2 separate companies. They simply happen to have the same  parent company. The same can be said for Buick, Chevy, Cadillac, GMC, Saturn, Oldsmobile, Pontiac which are all separate companies with the same parent company.

@RBEDSAUL1 wrote:

If you have Verizon FiOS and your internet is out of service (which has happened to me A LOT), which then requires you to report the issue, and take care of internet-related business using data on your Verizon Wireless plan.

If this causes you to go over your plan allowance - Verizon will NOT credit you for that.  They will expect you to pay for both services.

Verizon is not double billing you. You have 2 completely separate plans. If you don't want to be billed for 2 plans, drop one of them. If you have an outage on Fios, you can get a credit for the time you are without service, but NOT for how much you choose to pay a cellular provider for service whether it is overages on your chosen data plan or simply just the usage if you stay within your chosen allowance. If you are worried about overage charges, Verizon Wireless offers an Unlimited data plan. They also offer Safety mode for some of their older retired plans which will prevent you from incurring overages. You may also try power cycling your Fios router. In the 10 years I have had Fios service, I have NEVER been without a data connection which could not be fixed simply by power cycling my router.

If your wireless plan was with another provider, would you expect to get billed for going over your data allowance if your Fios was out? The answer for that question would be YES. The same answer should be the same regardless of your cellular provider.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

@RBEDSAUL1 wrote:

Did you know if you have literally any ISP, it's still a separate matter? If your internet is down, you are using cell data knowing full well you can have overages if you're not on unlimited.

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

RBEDSAUL1, experiencing data overages is never fun, and we apologize for the confusion. I want to help clear up the details. If you're experiencing trouble with your FiOS internet, and it causes you to use your Verizon Wireless data which causes you to go over your monthly data allowance, we recommend switching your plan to avoid overage charges, as we don't have access to the Verizon FIOS systems. We do offer unlimited data plans here: http://spr.ly/6600Es51o to give you peace of mind. However, we would not credit your account for your home internet service, as we don't have access to the Verizon FIOS systems. If you need any assistance with your Verizon FIOS account, you can reach out to FIOS directly by dialing 1-800-837-4966. I hope this information helps.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes