Highlighted

Re: Voicemail timestamp not updating based on phone(account?) location

ok, so how do I go about properly complaining about this?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Are you sure you change all of the addresses associated with your account and line? There is the billing address and the service address. The service address is what is going to determine where the timestamps are set for. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Service is set to be "the same as billing" and I've updated billing over 2 years ago when I moved time zones.

Like deloused asserted this is a feature not a bug so I'm just wondering if there's a way to actually submit complaints on features like this

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Deloused we appreciate those details. That is correct; the time stamp is based on the time zone the number is out of. The only solution to this would be to either change the wireless number to a local number within your new time zone or possibly using a third party application for Voice Mail. 

For more information on changing your wireless number click here: http://spr.ly/6603EXM9L

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand the importance of having messages with the correct timestamp, BladesBravo. I want to help with this complain and explore a way to resolve your concerns. You indicate that you have updated your service address a couple of years ago and this issue continue. Can you please review your account and confirm that your service address is correct? Please visit this link (http://spr.ly/6608EXewy) for instruction and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have not lived in Colorado since 2008. I have lived in EST ever since and have never had a problem with my time stamp. For some reason my voicemail time stamp just returned to the Colorado time zone. It's stupid to tell me to change my phone number after 14 years. Why can't I set the time zone myself?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

@A2zfuller wrote:

I have not lived in Colorado since 2008. I have lived in EST ever since and have never had a problem with my time stamp. For some reason my voicemail time stamp just returned to the Colorado time zone. It's stupid to tell me to change my phone number after 14 years. Why can't I set the time zone myself?

Did you change your both your billing address and the service address associated with your line when you moved? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Because you do no work at Verizon 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your device. It would be our pleasure to assist. What is the make and model of your device? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes

R u kidding??????? 21st CENTURY my friend!!!!! What a joke!!! Lame Verizon engineers... 😞

0 Likes