Viewing message

I have noticed when I look at the phone numbers of incoming and out going texts that some of the numbers I have texted or received texts from are not showing up on my bill.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Viewing message

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand you are wanting to make sure that you make sure that your kids are safe Olsonnr. If they are using the messaging application on the phone, there is no way to keep track of what they are writing.  I would recommend using Family Base. I use it myself and it will help you monitor and make sure that you are aware of who he/she is messaging. It is free for the http://spr.ly/6584Buna4 first month.  If you download the Verizon Messages http://spr.ly/6587Buna7 application on their phone you will be able to view the messages on the desktop. 
AmberF_VZW
Follow us  @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Let me guess, you have an iPhone.

IF you have iMessage activated on an iPhone, any messaging between your phone and another iPhone with iMessage activated ARE NOT TEXT MESSAGES. These are iMessages and DO NOT USE the standard SMS/MMS system needed for these messages to show up in the text usage on your bill. These iMessages use Apple's servers and your data allowance to send/receive.

If you want ALL of your "texts" to show up in your usage on your Verizon bill, you have to make sure that you are sending/receiving "texts". Simply de-activate iMessage on your iPhone and ALL of your messaging will show up in your Verizon bill as text usage.Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I want you to be able to see all your messages Olsonnr. What type of phone do you have? What application are you currently using for your text messages?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am trying to view in coming and out going calls and text from my Verizon. Not the ones from last billing cycle but current. Are you still able to do that now with the new my Verizon?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have an iPhone and I am wanting to check calls and texts from my kids phones.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand you are wanting to make sure that you make sure that your kids are safe Olsonnr. If they are using the messaging application on the phone, there is no way to keep track of what they are writing.  I would recommend using Family Base. I use it myself and it will help you monitor and make sure that you are aware of who he/she is messaging. It is free for the http://spr.ly/6584Buna4 first month.  If you download the Verizon Messages http://spr.ly/6587Buna7 application on their phone you will be able to view the messages on the desktop. 
AmberF_VZW
Follow us  @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am not wanting to read the text I want to see the incoming phone numbers and the text phone numbers coming in and out. before my Verizon's change in the past month or 2 you could see all the phone numbers. So I could go in and see who my daughter called last night at 10pm and not have to wait for the next bill to come.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I do apologize for the confusion Olsonnr. You are actually can view your usage details on My Verizon.  All you have to do is log into your account and once you do you should be able to see “View Usage Details” in red. Once you have selected that then you will be able to select the phone you have questions about and be able to view their usage. Just make sure that you select messages on the left hand side.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Covid19