Highlighted

Veterans Discount

I am a Veteran, but no longer in the military.  I am trying to sign up for a discount, and only have the option to provide an email or pay stub.  I only have my DD214.  I can't find anything in the support forums to help with this.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Veterans Discount

Sr. Leader

I'm still missing how you are being done "wrong."  Plenty of veterans and military-types get their discount the same way as the information above.  The link above is to the same info:

If asked for your company name and address, enter your branch of service and your last known military address (including APO/FPO, AP/AE etc.).

If you are a veteran, you can provide one of the following:

• Veterans Identification Card (VIC)
  • Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC)
  • Veterans Advantage Card (VAC)
  • DD Form 214 (or any other government issued, legacy discharge document)
  • Military Retiree Account Statement

Note: Don't submit your standard Military ID card (known as the Uniformed Services ID Card).

Discounts Validation FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Keep in mind that discounts, of any kind, don't apply to all plans (loyalty or other already discounted plans), only eligible plans. (Like More Everything)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

If you use a VA ID card for anything (like at their medical centers), take the ID to the nearest Verizon Wireless Corporate store. I did it that way and was validated. It didn't help me with the plan I have. It seems to be a 'White Elephant' More for show than an actual benefit.

Highlighted

Be careful, they will try to UP sell your current plan. Instead of saving money, which is your intent. before your know it you are in a different plan

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You have a plan that doesn't qualify for any discount. Has always been that way when they offer that plan. They plan you have is cheaper than the regular with a Military discount. FYI before you say something  about me being a civilian I assure you I am not and come from a long line of men who served our country.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Disingenuous offer is my issue. Good PR, little value. Verizon should have not made the meaningless gesture, I respect that more.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

GBRich wrote:

Disingenuous offer is my issue. Good PR, little value. Verizon should have not made the meaningless gesture, I respect that more.

So you think it better they STOP offering discounts to Veterans on eligible plans???? I think those Veterans may disagree with your assessment.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Cliche: Some of my best friends haven't served in the military. My closest friends did. Brothers and Sisters-In-Arms

0 Likes
Highlighted

Dear RCSchnoor

You seem like a helpful person, perhaps there is something you can do to put this issue to bed.             Can you please help me find out the following?:

How many total Verizon Wireless account holders are there?

How many Verizon Wireless account holders are validated Military/Veterans?

How many validated Military/Veterans actually receive a Verizon Wireless discounts?

I will be grateful if you can assist in obtaining from Verizon Wireless this information.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

rcschnoor is not a Verizon employee. The only number of the ones you want to know that can be known to the general public is the number of accounts and based on the last quarterly report it's 35.5 million accounts.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

GBRich wrote:

Dear RCSchnoor

You seem like a helpful person, perhaps there is something you can do to put this issue to bed.             Can you please help me find out the following?:

How many total Verizon Wireless account holders are there?

How many Verizon Wireless account holders are validated Military/Veterans?

How many validated Military/Veterans actually receive a Verizon Wireless discounts?

I will be grateful if you can assist in obtaining from Verizon Wireless this information.

Not sure why you would think I would have access to this information and what the answers could possibly prove.

Are you also going to look for how many Verizon Wireless account holders are validated non-Military/Veterans?

How many validated non-Military/Veterans actually receive a Verizon Wireless discount?

I would think chances are the percentages of Military/Veteran account holders AND non-Military/Veteran account holders on non-eligible plans may very well be similar. Yes, validated Military/Veteran account holders on non-eligible plans complain they don't receive a discount. It is ALSO true validated non-Military/Veteran account holders on non-eligible plans complain they don't receive a discount. The answer to BOTH of these types of account holders if they want to receive a discount on their Verizon service is to subscribe to an eligible service plan.

Hopefully that will put this issue to bed, however I doubt that will be the case. After all, why should Verizon be able to determine which of their plans they want to make eligible for a discount. Of course, the customer should be able to make that decision and Military/Veteran customers even more so.

0 Likes