Highlighted

Very disappointed - BOGO Offer was a SCAM

LUNALINZ

In Dec I ordered 2 iPhone 8s for my kids for Christmas and as part of the BOGO promotional offer I was required to upgrade to the Unlimited plan. The ONLY reason I upgraded to Unlimited was to qualify for the BOGO offer but I've been charged FULL PRICE for BOTH PHONES every single month. I am not the first person to report this SCAM! I will be switching to AT&T before the end of this billing cycle. I do not have time to sit on the phone and argue with Verizon customer service over my bill every single month as others have reported. Very disappointed as I have been a LOYAL Verizon customer for over 12 years but this is ridiculous, they have lost my business.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Very disappointed - BOGO Offer was a SCAM

glitchedpixel

Majority of the people I've seen raising pitch forks about BOGO deals tend to miss the requirement of a new line of service.

Your post didn't mention any new lines, just that you got the phones. If they were both upgrades, you don't qualify.

boringusername

Was one of them a new line? Because that is the requirement for BOGO. It's clearly listed in the terms. You really think Verizon or any carrier is going to give you a $800+ phone for free? Remember when you switch you'll still have to pay off the phones in full immediately

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

@LUNALINZ We would hate to see you leave the family. Would it be ok with you to send you a Private Message to go over this with you? -EdgarT_VZW 

0 Likes

SUNWISE11311

I know tryed today for info note 9 neede add a line is cheap longtime Verizon users no deal butnew get everything.  I need 2 phones and last 2 ready for trade in b u t no deal on 2note 9 deal everywhere else maybe time for sprint

SUNWISE11311

Verizon

Preorders for the Note 9 are now open at Verizon. Unlike other carriers, if you buy two Note 9s at Verizon, it will pay you back for one of them over the course of 24 monthly payments.thats ad no metion of need a new line to do get the deal

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

SUNWISE11311 wrote:

Verizon

Preorders for the Note 9 are now open at Verizon. Unlike other carriers, if you buy two Note 9s at Verizon, it will pay you back for one of them over the course of 24 monthly payments.thats ad no metion of need a new line to do get the deal

A new line of service is required.  When you click that link, on the right-hand side under Special Offer, clicking See the Details says:

How it works.

Buy Samsung Galaxy Note9, get another one free (128GB model). No trade-in required.

1 Add a Galaxy Note9 with monthly device payments to your cart.

2 Add another Galaxy Note9, Galaxy S9 or S9+ as a new line of service on your account.

3 Get up to $999.99 credited to your account over 24 months.

Buy Samsung Galaxy Note9, S9 or S9+, get one free:
$999.99 device payment purchase req’d per phone. 2nd phone: Less up to $999.99 promo credit applied to account over 24 mos w/in 1 – 2 billing cycles; promo credit ends when balance paid or line terminated/transferred; 0% APR. New line of service req’d. This offer is good 8.10.18 – 9.5.18.

VANBHA65

Yes it is and they are telling me I can’t disconnet this awful service until I pay a bill I don’t owe due to credits. I am contacting my attorney the contract is void

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

Hello VANBHA65,

We definitely don't want you to feel this way. I'd be happy to assist with your account. I have sent you a Direct Message. Please respond when you can, so we can get a resolution. 

Thank you,

Christina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

windstrings

Not sure if its a scam or just careless representatives.

I did the Bogo, but noticed even though we fully discussed the reimbursement program and getting one for free, I never saw my additional line added.

Its important a few things fall into place.

1. A new line of service must be established.

2. One phone is considered an "upgrade", while the second one is a "new line" of service.

Keep in mind this means you must have an additional line added and "keep" that line as well as the upgraded phone at least 24 months "early termination or payoff cancels the free phone" and you'll be liable without reimbursement each month after termination or payoff.

3. If you want to cancel a line after the fact, It cannot be any of the two lines that either Note 9 is assigned to.

If you want to move numbers around etc so be it but the line itself cannot change.

I would not cancel a line "until" all the charges are in place and reimbursements are in play, otherwise the computer "or rep" may think you simply upgraded rather than added a line since the total number of lines before and after didn't change.

Tricky stuff.... I don't agree with some of the policies but Verizon wants thier 20 dollars a month for the line, if you cancel a line, they feel they have gained no ground. But to my knowledge, they cannot forbid you cancelling a line with a device that has no contract or is paid off.

So why can't you simply cancel your line at the time of activation of the second Note 9? As I stated, it may confuse the computer... I would wait a month or so.

0 Likes