Verizon website forcing to save payment when paying bill

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has noticed a recent change to the Verizon website.  When I try to pay it now it tells me that it wants to save a payment method.  Great, it has always asked that in the past.  The problem now is that it will not let me pay my bill until it is saved.

I dont want to save my payment method.  It is a security issue and requires me to trust another organization to keep my information priviate.  With all of the recent events of privacy loss why are we being forced to do this?

What justification could there be to force me to save this?  I understand their desire to make it easier but that is not for me, that is for them.  

Any thoughts?

Re: Verizon website forcing to save payment when paying bill

glitchedpixel

If you use Google anything, your privacy was already a lie.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

I noticed the wording change when I paid my recent bill, but if you go through all the screens to make your payment, there's still the option not to save the credit card info, it's just further in the process than it was before.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I definitely understand where your concern is coming from, and we always want to ensure your information is kept safe. While Verizon is a safe source, you shouldn't be required to save your payment. Is this happening when you try to pay your bill on the MyVerizon app? Have you tried making a payment on a computer, or on the internet browser on your phone? We're eager to hear back from you. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes

bockjd

I experienced the same issue. I am a long time customer (20 years) and I am not willing to give you my personal information (bank account number , credit card number) for your files (you keep it 6 months after last use) so it can be sold or traded or hacked.

Frankly, I am supprised verison support does not know of this change, perhaps staff should look into what customers are seeing on their own website verizonwireless.com.  This is enough to make me want to change carriers.

jenguin777

I am furious about this change. I don't trust Verizon or any other company to protect this information. May need to switch carriers.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

As noted in an earlier post, there's still the option to not save the credit card info.  As you're going through the screens to make payment, it's on the second or third screen.

0 Likes

Wastedyrs

So why does it say:

"Save your preferred accounts so they’re ready when you need them.
You can save up to 2 checking accounts and 6 different cards." 

and then have the options to: 

SAVE METHOD  or  BACK 

We shouldn't have to hope it shows up 2 screens later. They don't even tell you that you'll have the option for the info to not be saved. Why?