Highlighted

Verizon up rewards gift card problems

SUMPATCH

i have been successfully using up rewards. In the beginning i got a amazon and starbucks card. Recently i redeemed for a starbucks card and my card kept saying this card was already used. It has the same number. Same with my new amazon gift card. THere is no money on it, says it was already used. Now ive lost $10 in gift rewards and not sure how to reseem them. I need new unused gift card numbers.

Labels (1)

Re: Verizon up rewards gift card problems

Community Manager
Community Manager

SUMPATCH, it's important to us that you get your Verizon Up rewards. In fact, we have a special Verizon Up Customer Service team to assist this concern. You can reach them at 866-895-5579 Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET and Saturday-Sunday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM ET. Does this help?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

stephenk503

DO NOT REDEEM CREDITS FOR STARBUCKS GIFT CARDS!!

I've had this happen several times now.  I've called VZ Up support each time and they do not follow up.  I just redeemed a credit for a Starbucks GC and again has zero balance.

VZ Up support claimed that I merged to another or used the balance, which is completely false.

What ridiculous support.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

stephenk503,

It's important to be able to utilize the rewards that you are cashing in from your Verizon Up account, and I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the gift cards for Starbucks.

A matter like this for something that is reward specific to a third party reward would have to be handled by Verizon Up Customer Service. I know that you mentioned you had some issue in the past, but I am confident they will be able to rectify the situation for you.

So, in this case, I would contact Verizon Up directly at 866-895-5579. Hours for the department are as follows:
Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 8 PM ET
Sat - Sun: 8 AM - 6 PM ET

Does this help clear up the details?

RyanCo_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

stephenk503

So the 4th time's the charm then???  I think not.  As I've mentioned, I've called several times and keep being told, essentially, that I'm lying and trying to scam my way out of an extra $5 since supposedly I've already used the balance.

My time, including these replies, is worth more to me than the credits but it's on principle that I've tried to work through these mistakes on VZ's part.  This could be an issue on Starbuck's side but I didn't get these gift cards from Starbucks, I got them from VERIZON.  Not worth my time to deal with these worthless VZ Up credits any further.

I have zero confidence in this VZ up program.

Community Manager
Community Manager

stephenk503, I want to be part of the solution and restore your confidence in our rewards program. I sent you a direct message to better assist you. Please respond there so we can get to the bottom of the gift-card redemption once and for all. 

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

stephenk503

I have gotten no response since I followed up with Verizon support through DM on Friday.  Not surprised.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Stephenk503, thank you for your patience, and we apologize if you have not heard back from us.  I just sent you another DM and will reach out once you reply.   

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

stephenk503

I have replied with my contact info through DM.

0 Likes

MOKIMO

I have twice received Starbucks card with a zero balance. The first time, Verizon had another card sent (it worked), but when I tried to use another award for a Starbucks card, it too had a zero balance. This was in late June of this year. So the problem has not been fixed, at least as of about a week ago.

0 Likes