Highlighted

Verizon trade in program is terrible

Recently got drawn over to Verizon when I saw a good trade-in deal, an iPhone 6S would have received $600 credit for an iPhone 11 Pro. Sent a good, working condition iPhone 6s but of course, it could not be that simple. After Verizon receive the phone, they noted in the trade the item received WAS THE EXPECTED item. Five days later, a VZ gift card was processed for $11...!!! What? When I called, they stated there is a small crack on the back of the phone (which there wasn't when I sent it), which deemed it ineligible for the credit hence it dropped from a $600 to an $11 gift card. Like how convenient for Verizon to save $589 dollars. I took pictures of the front of the phone before sending it in, so, unfortunately, couldn't dispute. Like who has cracks on the back of their phones that are not made of glass?? The phone was always in a phone case so that was inaccurate.

The reason I did everything online was due to the local store stating they will not start any new service and are limited. They referred me online and now I got hosed out of $600. If you could, do your trade-in at the store so you can actually the amount you are promised. 

The other funny thing is I got the trade-in shipping box a week after I got my new phone and with the turn around time for the appraisal, no way you can know they would pull this before the 14-day return policy period is over. Why not extend the timeframe while COVID is still going on with all the delays, well because they can still mess you over on the trade-in value because I mean you're at their mercy at that point. Hopes this sways people from using their online/mail trade-in device program. 

Highlighted

Re: Verizon trade in program is terrible

Customer Support

We know how important it is to have your concerns reviewed properly. This type of charge can be reviewed, and if there is damage to the packaging during shipping, we can overturn this charge for you. However, if the packaging is in good shape, but the device is damaged, the charges will stand. Have you had this matter reviewed with an agent as yet?

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, that's why I'm upset with the whole 14-day situation and the claim that the back of the phone was cracked. I could've disputed the situation if there was a better timeframe and maybe have the option to back out. Furthermore, I was not given a secondary option (ie bring a different phone to the store or ship another). I guess it was just easier to make the claim that it is damaged and provide $11 versus the $600 credit. Could've to offer something in between even. No other option or what the agent said after waiting for almost an hour to talk to someone, "there's nothing you can do about the result". It is what it is, I'll do my time with Verizon and then jump ship because this is not how you value new customers...or any customers. Thanks for the reply though.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

First and most important, we want to thank you for joining the Verizon family. It's our extreme priority that we verify the status of your trade-in and get more details about your device so that we can provide you with the proper resolution. We've contacted you via a Private Note to continue assisting you.
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes