Highlighted

Verizon to big?, customer service lacking

RichC12

Customer Service run around - Has Verizon gotten too big, to big to handle the customers.  I did a Verizon Edge contract on to lines that were eligible for upgrades.  I received the phones on December 27th and went to the store with the phones. The phones I received were the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. I asked if I could get both lines with 6 Plus and the rep at the store suggested I send them both back to iPhone 6 and 6 Plus to receive both gray iPhone 6 Plus, due to no restock fees. I called customer service and they sent a return label, I asked how long would it take and the reply as soon as they see the shipping label you can get your phones. Well it has been down hill from there. I sent the phones in on January 5, 2015. I followed the tracking number and the warehouse received them on the January 15, 2015. Now in between time I call customer service and they claim they have no tracking number, go thing I made a copy. I was told I can go into the store and get the new phones. I did and the store told me sorry I am under the Edge contract. I call customer service again and this time I was told I had to wait until the end of my billing cycle. Now which is another 12 days. I did and to no avail, I call customer service, I chatted on line to customer service and I have been on facebook with customer service, and I get it will be 24 hours. I spent the next 5 days on the phone trying to get this corrected and every time I get, it will be 24 hours. I even received a phone call stating it is fixed, which when I longed on line it wasn't fix and I called back to hear, it will be another 24 hours. Today is the 31st and I call once more and explain the whole situation all over again, well sir we will expedite it and it will be 3 to 5 days WHAT???? another 3 to 5 days!!!!!  I have asked to speak to a supervisor and was told "I will e-mail him" - no calls.  Meanwhile my account has been charged additional $190, over my normal bill.  I took the advise of the store clerk and the on-line rep, no problem just send them back and we will get you your iPhone 6 Plus's you have been with Verizon for 6 years you are a good customer. It has been 35 days from the start of the return and I have lost $120 in trade in for both my iPhone 5s and my bill is $391.00 - this has gotten expensive and drawn out.  How do you fix customer service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon to big?, customer service lacking

Loquat

Sounds like a mess!  Just wondering...if one of your phones was the iP6+ then why did you have to send it back?  Why not just send back the one you didn't want.  Did you open both of those phones and activate them?  If so, then you were mislead about the restocking fee also...I believe it applies once the phone has been opened...

0 Likes
Highlighted

dad_of_2

When you return a phone it takes time to get the wearhouse and then it takes time to update your account that the return has taken place.  It should have not taken this long, but it is a process.  I say keep on calling that is all you can do.

0 Likes
Highlighted

RichC12

okay, today is FEB 6 and they still have no fix and I have spoken to customer service, on line chat guys and I have to go through the whole process and give them the tracking number every time. I asked them to check the previous notes and this guy just told me I had to have 75% of the contract paid before getting the phone... WHAT!!!! I have no phone I turned them as  suggested and they were received on the 13th at the warehouse!!!!!!  Just told well it will another 3 to 5 days

0 Likes
Highlighted

RichC12

sorry for spelling errors and grammatical errors, these guys are killing me with this customer service.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Angry2

Verizon is by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with and we were customers since before when it was All-tel (a great company btw).  Every time you call with a complaint or a dispute about a bill they make it seem like you are getting your issue resolved and then boom- next bill some new B.S. charges that don't even make sense.  Furthermore, they got  a family member of mine to accept a tablet under false pretenses.  She understood the deal with her new phone was a free tablet and she thought that meant free!  Well, no there was a $35 registration fee. A $10 activation fee and a one month prorated fee, which once all was said and done and you add in taxes and surcharges, the bill was over $50 higher.  She never even opened the box and when she went to return the device saying she only took it under the false pretenses, they wanted to charge a $70 b.s. restocking fee!  This company is the worst ever.  I have already pulled 2 of 4 of my phones and can not wait until my contracts are up for the other 2 and be rid of this crap for good!  And I haven't even gotten started on the service in my area!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Sigh, all companies and carriers are like this.  It's standard procedure now.  The new car smell wears off and customers turn into being customers again and carriers blur in the description customers use.

Highlighted

dad_of_2

When ever you get a item with verizon it has to some sort of cost. (i.e. line access charges).  Did your family member sign for it? If so, then it was detailed everything.  It is also a 2 year contract aswell, so if you wait longer then the 14 day return peroid, then there is a early term frees.

As fair as restocking fees, they would only apply if the box was opened. Are you sure the box was not opened? Did you get it in the store? did they activated it for her (i.e. open box?)

Sorry they did not read everything.  Maybe you should take them off off of your account.

0 Likes