Highlighted

Verizon, tho..

So, I've had a line active since the start of the year, have paid my bills without issue, overall enjoyed my service with Verizon

But damn, if these last few months haven't soured me completely.

Long story short, I had a Sony Xperia, it dropped two inches, cracked along the screen over the FF-Camera, rendered the touchscreen unusable. Apparently, they didn't have any more in their warehouse, so I was offered two choices: Buy a new Xperia from an outside source (eBay, Amazon, etc), or add another line for 40$ more to my bill overall. I was strapped for cash, so I opted into adding an iPhone 5S to my account. I ended up getting a bill for >200$ (Can't find the specific number/date because I can't view more than my current due bill and usage for some reason?) followed by several bills for about 180$. Any time I chat with a Verizon support member, they tell me the same old thing "Oh, this is a one time deal with your bill, it'll only be this month then you'll be back to your normal bill". Each month, I'm told the same thing.

And to make matters worse (And I'll preface this by saying this is more of a fault on Apple's part and less on Verizon, but my iPhone is honest a piece of crap. The battery life on it is just straight up disgusting. More often than not, it gets to about 40-50%, and straight up dies, out of nowhere, and won't turn on until I connect it to a power source. Then, when it connects and turns on, it displays 40-50% battery, still, and charges as normal. I intentionally turn off all of my applications, and I only have notifications from my texting app. and Facebook, so it's neither of the two. I basically always have to have my phone on the lowest brightness for it to last for an hour without charge, and even then it still gets super hot and dies.

And what's worse, is that I've been trying to get a hold of a support agent, but the customer support hotline is closed, and the chat service isn't working at all, not to mention the agents on the chat service just tell you what you want to hear to get you off the chat, even if it's not true.

And I'm sorry if this isn't in the right section. Didn't know where else to put it, since it's a broad issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon, tho..

Sr. Leader

xxvagabond wrote:

Long story short, I had a Sony Xperia, it dropped two inches, cracked along the screen over the FF-Camera, rendered the touchscreen unusable. Apparently, they didn't have any more in their warehouse, so I was offered two choices: Buy a new Xperia from an outside source (eBay, Amazon, etc), or add another line for 40$ more to my bill overall. I was strapped for cash, so I opted into adding an iPhone 5S to my account.

You had insurance or not?  Insurance will charge a deductible to repair or replace with same or similar model.  If not, I don't understand what you mean by "they didn't have anymore in their warehouse."

0 Likes
Highlighted

The support agent I spoke to said that she would send me another Xperia after mine broke, but told me they didn't have any backups "in the warehouse". That's all I was told.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Were you actively paying for insurance every month on that phone?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am sad to hear about the damage to your Xperia phone . I know how it is when your phone is no longer working properly. does make an excellent point about the insurance. If you do have insurance on the phone you can file a claim here to get it replaced with a deductible http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/?pod=claim&icid=in-vzwclaim&mboxSession=1441716141986-62290&s_tnt=8244...

You also mentioned you are having trouble with your iPhone. That behavior you are describing is definitely not normal. How long have you had this iPhone? Have you had the opportunity to do any troubleshooting at all with it so far?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!