Highlighted

Verizon started leaking my name into caller ID database?

Re: 'Share Name ID' Terms and Conditions Questions

So, like it says above there, my phone number has always been paired with the name "wireless caller" and I want it to stay that way. Some time ago, I started noticing reverse look up associating the primary account owner's name with my phone number.

So, how do I prevent account holder name from getting delivered to every one I call????

I already set it to NOT deliver name on outbound call in My Verizon settings , but they totally disregard and deliver it anyways. 

Until about two weeks ago, when I call landlines, it only showed my number, but today, I was appalled to find that Verizon Wireless sold out the primary account holder's name to be listed as the CPN in LIDB services sold to CLECs. Now land line caller ID boxes are populating the account owner's name and invading our privacy!

I've always kept the setting to show "wireless caller" ever since Verizon started offering that option and I always kept the CPNI setting to private.

I provided this link and Tier II support rep said his Supervisor told that this website is fraudulent: What, really?

Verizon Partner Solutions | Line Information Data Base (LIDB) Service

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon started leaking my name into caller ID database?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Your privacy and security is extremely important to us, PDX_OR. The link you provided is not a Verizon Wireless link, but is part of our sister company (Verizon Communications for landline services). Verizon Wireless supports passing only the 10-digit phone number as Caller ID information (Calling Party Number) to devices on the network. The Line Information Data Base (LIDB) is actually a database controlled by the wireless carrier / landline provider receiving the call and not by the carrier initiating the call. Our Share Name ID http://spr.ly/6583hV9c or Company Name ID http://spr.ly/6584hV9Y would give you the ability to customize and display names on outgoing calls by giving the requested details to the LIDB of other carriers. If there are errors with the name being displayed or that a name is being displayed at all, please contact the supporting carrier of the number dialed to correct the LIDB.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

And, as soon as someone enters your name into a caller ID app and uploads that info to a mass community-supported database, other people using the same app or similar that uses that shared database will also see your name even though it is a mobile number, effectively bypassing LIDB.

Is there a way to change caller ID display to a name rather than just cell phone?

Reference post #5.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Snn5

My phone number displays as the primary account holder's name on land line phones. Since the only association with my number and the primary account holder is in the Verizon Wireless system, that's the only way the information could have leaked out into the LIDB database sold to CLECs.

Verizon Support, CLECs have subscriptions to LIDB. The only way the primary account owner's name could have populated into the database is through your company.

0 Likes