Highlighted

Re: Verizon's lousy service after 16yrs of loyalty!

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Note my comment was in reply to another post....  The info is in the top bar.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Loquat

Early edge indeed...but because we're all guessing that was the solution (and I'm sure we're correct), I'm certain that the updated post will say otherwise...we will be denied the opportunity to say "...I told you so..."  Smiley Happy

Highlighted

flutterfly8497

I agree, early edge...unless a rep suggested she swap upgrades with another line.

0 Likes
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

....yeah....Droid Turbo isn't a bad phone.... For a first smart phone.

OP.... Unlocked out of the box, so if you travel out of the USA, purchase a foreign sim and use the local GSM Network.  Much cheaper than roaming at $7,000 a month.

0 Likes
Highlighted

bikerchick99

Verizon is a total ripoff and I'm seriously thinking of cancelling. I'm tired of paying more and getting less almost every year, and on a few occasions have caught mistakes on their part such as being over charged or not receiving discounts! Also a long time customer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

As you like.   The nice thing is, we do have a choice.  Changing carriers drives prices down.  Which is why Verizon is not the most expensive carrier for the first time in about 20 years.

However, I disagree that ANY carrier, in itself, is a "ripoff".   I know there are a few shady dealers, but that happens in any business.  Hopefully they will be weeded out.  First step might be to eliminate commissions (which we all assume exist )

I'm thrilled with the trend.  Soon it will be like Europe.  Free wifi everywhere.  And we all pay full retail for cell phones, which will drive the prices down a bit.

Highlighted

bikerchick99

Where do you see Verizon as not being the most expensive???

0 Likes
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

I Should say it depends on your combination on More Everything plan.

the cost of phones is pretty close no matter what, so comparing price of plan with discount...

Verizon on starts the line discount at 6 GBS, AT&T starts at 10 gbs.

Verizon, 2 phones, 6 GBS of data $100 a month.

AT&T, 2 phones, 6 GBS of data $130 a month.   It is actually cheaper to get 10 GBS of data, total $120 per month.

single lines are about the same on both carriers, but you get a extra GB of data from Verizon.

AT&T only gets cheaper if you have a large group and a lot more data. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

bikerchick99

to flutterfly

The world would be a much better place without arrogant people like you! I never claimed to be perfect, what is your problem? If you read other peoples complaints you would see it's not just me.

0 Likes
Highlighted

flutterfly8497

Wow.