Highlighted

Re: Verizon's lousy service after 16yrs of loyalty!

@Loquat, apparently you don't understand my thinking nor my circumstances!  Don't make blanket/erroneous statements that I am expecting red carpet to be rolled JUST because I pay all my bills on time (although other companies often reward me for that too!).   I have no sense of entitlement here.  Expecting to upgrade 3 months earlier to a higher plan (more money to VZ) is not unreasonable when it's the first time ever I am asking after 16 years!!  I need it now for a good reason and they know.  For your information, banks/credit card companies do consider these things and not apply your black/white rules.  For example, the cc company says you pay $35 late fees+interest if you didn't pay on the date the bill is due.  If you missed it by a day or a few hours for the first time in many years of always paying on time, they don't bat an eye lid in removing late charges and interest etc.  Policies are not always black/white and totally inflexible!  If that was the case, there would be no customer appreciation gestures that most companies do show... IRONICALLY, YOU GUYS HERE ARE MORE UNREASONABLE THAN VZ WILL BE SOON IF I GET WHAT I AM ASKING FOR AS PROMISED BY SOME VZ REPS!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Is it possible to use another smartphone and just change the plan for the time being?  Than you could use the upgrade on a new phone later at the end of the basic phone contract.  Please, someone correct me if I am wrong in thinking that someone can change plans, even from basic to smart, at any time as long as they have an advanced device to match that plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@snn5, I have a very basic phone, I am trying to get the smart phone that is currently on special promotion so that my whole family can upgrade at the same time.  Others are eligible now, I am eligible in 3 months.  I don't have another smart phone to use right now. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Naahhhh, you will be offered a Droid Turbo.

There is a chance they will move you all up to More everything with Edge plans, because it is multiple lines.

Do come back when this is all ironed out and give us an update.

Highlighted

rkramadh-"For your information, banks/credit card companies do consider these things and not apply your black/white rules.  For example, the cc company says you pay $35 late fees+interest if you didn't pay on the date the bill is due.  If you missed it by a day or a few hours for the first time in many years of always paying on time, they don't bat an eye lid in removing late charges and interest etc."  That is a different issue.  You are not under contract with them.  Verizon only charges a late fee of $5 (much less then your example+ no interest). They could also credit it (happened to sister once). Do you want the late fees to be higher?? I am not sure how that has anything to do with you feeling you can change your terms of the contract at any time.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Are they back on the Droid Turbo promo again?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Oh, you want to keep all lines on the same upgrade and contract dates.

Highlighted

@dad, I realize I had misunderstood the car dealership example but I couldn't delete my response. That being said, I am not changing my mind whenever I want.  I am not making totally unreasonable requests either.  Companies should not (and most do not) apply rules black/white like that.  They look at your loyalty, history of payments etc. and they almost always work with you.  In this case, letting me upgrade from a basic phone to a smart phone is not unreasonable given that I am due for an upgrade in a mere 3 months.  It would be a nightmare for billing if I am the only one in the family plan to keep the dumb phone and every one else upgrades to a smart phone.  Besides, I need it now for travel etc.

Banks/cc companies have strict rules but they apply them in reasonable way most of the time if you have a great record/loyalty with them.  Say you missed a payment by a few hours or a day after many years of FULLY paying off each month's bill, they don't bat an eye lid to take that late fees off/interest charges off.  If it was you, you would read me the contract perhaps!

As for prepaid option, I never asked for it, I have no idea what you are referring to there anyway.

Just because a lot of people here don't see it my way does not mean I am wrong!  May be people that blindly go by the rules are commenting here.  I don't follow the crowd, I make very reasonable requests and if VZ can't accommodate, well I know where I can take my business.  We can agree to disagree and move on.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

@StepJS

If you don't understand Verizon's plans, you are in for a treat!  (That was sarcasm)

Sprint's plans are impossible, AT&T has a very similar price structure.  Then the wild card.....

T-Mobile has a simple plan where you buy your phone at full price, only the service gets complicated with many ala' carte price options.

IF you live in a major city, you should be fine.  Most of the big carriers cover as well as all the prepaid companies.

I Am waiting for the Cell wars to shake out so that we just have to pay full retail.

Highlighted

It doesn't really but, the loyalty does big time.

0 Likes