Re: Verizon's lousy service after 16yrs of loyalty!

dad_of_2

Snn5- I agree! I have said it on a few other forums.  The world "loyality" means you will never leave no matter what.  If you think negatively and thinking about leaving that is not "loyal." Just becouse you have service for 16 years (+/-), does not mean you are loyal.

This is a business. I am not loyal to anything I have to pay for.  If I find something better for me, then I will leave. I really do not think anyone is loyal here.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Yep.  As soon as I see, "..I've been a loyal customer for xx years..." I brace myself.  I know whatever follows has something to do with a total lack of understanding that things have changed.  

The carriers are not totally innocent.  Plans, pricing and rules change constantly.  It is hard for customers to keep up and some employees seem to have the same problem  Smiley Sad   Sometimes promises are made, outside of the rules, and when it reaches the next rung in the corporate ladder, the promise is undone. 

Some have a genuine concern and have been treated horribly or are victims of an employees ineptatude. 

rkramadh

@Weth,  You said "So you are still paying the phone off and have not satisfied the entire contract cost".  Not quite.  

I am on a very old plan where I got a new free phone (very basic flip phone) every two years and my rates (service fees) did not change when I got a new phone.  In fact, VZ told me if they allow me to switch to a smart phone plan now, I don't even have to return the phone.  If I was paying for the phone, I would still owe them money and they would want either the phone back or the phone cost paid up before allowing me to switch plans.  They are OK to let me switch to an edge but are not so OK to let me sign a new 2yr contract with them.  So they would rather me go contract free right now than let me sign a new 2yr contract which is what I want for various reasons.  If they don't let me switch, well, they won't get more money from me as I will continue with the basic phone/plan instead of the more expensive more everything with a new smart phone plan...

0 Likes

rkramadh

@mamma, "I know whatever follows has something to do with a total lack of understanding that things have changed".  Not sure what changes you are referring to because VZ always had this 2 yr contract business.  I followed that all these years but now due to int'l travel and business travel etc., I need to upgrade to a smart phone asap.  It's not due to lack of understanding that I am asking.  I am only 3 months short of that contract ending, so I asked them to let me go to a smart phone as my flip phone is useless during travel.  You are right that lots of VZ employees themselves are so darn confused that they can't explain the diff in cost/break down cost between edge plan and 2 yr contract.  I have had convos with quite a few of those in the last 7 days.  Many of them confessed that even they find these plans confusing and hard to explain.  I now understand the smart phone plans fully after having done some research and asked a lot of questions.  You can't blame me for asking them, it's not like I want to go to Sprint or something in the middle of my contract.  I want to sign a new 2yr with VZ and buy a new phone.   BOTTOM LINE: YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU DON'T ASK FOR AND AS LONG AS I AM NOT BEING TOTALLY UNREASONABLE (LIKE SOME OF YOU CLAIM I AM BY THROWING THE BLACK/WHITE RULES BOOK AT ME), THEN I WILL ASK.  THAT'S HOW MY CABLE COMPANY AND OTHERS GAVE ME WHAT I WAS ASKING FOR WITHOUT ANY HASSLE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T THINK I WAS BEING UNREASONABLE!  I heard so many reps tell me that VZ should do more for loyalty and treating long time customers better to retain them.  That's good business practice despite what all of you say here.

0 Likes

rkramadh

@, who said I am not doing anything?  For the last 7 days, I have left work and gone to VZ store EVERY SINGLE DAY and spoken to the reps every day.  I have not provided the details because what was promised to me by VZ rep is thwarted by VZ's system.  I am getting shuttled (ping-ponged) between the store and the corp support desk etc.  The corp rep tells me the store mgr can do x,y,z at the store and I should go there and the store tells me they really want to do this but they can't because of system glitch etc.  Long story short, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ MY POSTS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.  I AM DOING SOMETHING VERY ACTIVELY EVERY DAY AND WHAT I AM DOING IS NOT WHINING (BUT FOR THE ORIGINAL POST) BUT TO RESPOND TO SO MANY OF YOU VERIZON SOLDIERS SO PASSIONATELY MAKING THE CASE FOR VZ!  I hope to post an update soon and that's the end of that. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

rkramadh

@, Good for you!  Don't ask, don't get...fine by me.  I am not asking you or anyone to agree with me here, you do what  you want and I will do what I want.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

What has changed...

All customers, on all carriers, are now required to pay for their phones, one way or another.

Customers who pay full retail or installments get a discount on their line.

2 Year contract plans with subsidy are on the way out.

flutterfly8497

You still pay full price on Edge if you make all 24 payments.

0 Likes

Re: Re: Verizon's lousy service after 16yrs of loyalty!

flutterfly8497

@, You are dead wrong on your statement "You are not entitled to special treatment because of your tenure as a customer."!  Not sure who you work for It doesn't matter who I work for.  Doesn't matter who you work for either. but there is such a thing as loyalty and branding when it comes to many industries!  Yes, but cell phone service is not one of them (or shouldn't be, anyway). I would not keep paying Verizon and keep their service if I was unable to get a signal and/or use the service.  Loyalty is entirely moot here. If you stay with Verizon despite being able to get better pricing and the same (or better) call quality and value elsewhere, then I would call that foolish, not loyal.  

dad_of_2