Highlighted

Verizon's lousy service after 16yrs of loyalty!

rkramadh

I have been with Verizon for 16yrs, set up an automated payment plan which means the bills are paid on time. I am about to upgrade to a smart phone plan from the basic phone...or am I going to switch to a diff provider?  My husband is eligible for an upgrade right now but my upgrade date is June 2015.  I told Verizon I want that moved up so I can upgrade with my husband now.  After all, I am signing a new 2 yr contract and will be paying them more money!!  You think they would get it?  They have some stupid rule that it can't be moved up.  Once in a while, a manager can do that for you IF YOU ARE WILLING TO UPGRADE AT THIS EXACT MOMENT ON THE PHONE! I was doing some research on phones/plans and am very close to upgrading but I couldn't upgrade at that very moment.  So now I have to go through the circus of calling customer service again, explain the whole story, be put on hold for the rep to find a manger and hope that he/she will let me upgrade on the phone (smart phones will be mailed out to me)!!  Why the hell is it just a big deal for them to move my date when I am just 4 months away from becoming eligible, especially when I am renewing the contract with a more expensive plan?  BY THE WAY, FROM THIS SUNDAY ONWARDS, EVEN MANAGERS WON'T BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS "FAVOR", NEW POLICY CHANGES APPARENTLY! TALK ABOUT GOING FROM BAD TO WORSE!  Verizon is not a momma/papa company.  For the billions of $ they rake in (gouge is coming to my mind lately given how they nickle/dime you), they should've better policies based on common sense!!  THE MOST AGGRAVATING ASPECT OF VERIZON'S CUSTOMER (LACK OF) SERVICE IS THEY GIVE NO LOYALTY DISCOUNTS AFTER 16YRS OF ME BEING THEIR CUSTOMER! I always negotiate and my cable company gave me $35/month discount with no hassles!!  Verizon is getting too big and arrogant for my taste.  If they don't give a damn about my loyalty, I can take my money elsewhere!  This happened to me with another land line company where I left them, I paid more in fact but I did it out of principle.  When I got a call back from the first company to get back with them, I told them I would rather pay someone else more money than ever go back to them.  May be Verizon needs the same type of treatment from its frustrated customers.  The plans they have are also so complicated (deliberate to confuse customers?).  First I was told I could get on the edge plan without special approvals and then I was told I had to wait for a manager to allow me to upgrade....because to them, going to a smart phone plan on the edge plan is not an upgrade...!!!!! Each time I talk to a rep at the store or via phone, I get something different and something new!!! It's ridiculous!  In case you are wondering, I am not a dumb idiot, I have worked in Engineering/math for 25yrs and am also a techno geek.  So what's up with these confusing and deliberately misleading plans with inconsistent info being dished out each time you talk to a diff rep? Oh, I write down the name of the rep and everything they say each time, that doesn't mean that VZ respects/honors what the rep said!  I could go on but you get the point of my frustration.  Now, will VZ get it??  Whose idea was it by the way to get rid of email customer support? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Verizon's lousy service after 16yrs of loyalty!

dad_of_2

When you sign a contract, then you have to finsh it before being able to upgrade.  There is something called an "early edge." This is how you can upgrade now, but you have to chose from a few phones, you can not just pick any of them.

You signed a contract.  You must finsh it.  Reps have not been giving you worng info (according to your post), they said we can get a manager to approved it, so they were helping you out, you said that you would just wait.  How is verizon at fault? They gave you a "get out of jail free card" and you said that you will just wait.  You chose to just hope that you would get that in the future.

When/if you go to a new company, they are not going to change their terms to fit you.  Do not sign a contract, if you are just going to get mad later.

rkramadh

@dad, I am not trying to "break" a contract.  I am actually upgrading to a more expensive plan where Verizon can get more of my money.  What dumb business practice is it for them to say "we would rather you wait till June to pay us more money each month"??   Perhaps you see this as a broken contract where as I see it as a 2yr renewal of my contract with me agreeing to pay them more money per month from here on.  Common sense policies don't exist anymore?

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

It would make sense if you were paying the ETF which is the price of the remaining balance of the phone and then renew a 2 year contract, but I can see Verizon's view from the logistical standpoint that they have forecasted x number of users at certain rates in certain fiscal quarters and this throws their metrics off if someone wants to extend, or end a contract.  Obviously they wouldn't be all about extending a contract with a new phone, or ending a contract with an old phone due to the loss of the remaining months.

dad_of_2

"Common sense policies don't exist anymore?" ???

How does Verizon not have common sense. You signed the contract agreeing to keep that phone for 2 years.  They gave you a cheap/free phone.  You want to change your mind now, that is not verizon issues.  Once you complete your contract term, then you are good to get any phone you want.

Weth
Sr. Leader

If you bought a car, and with 6 months of payments left, you went to the dealer and said, I want to upgrade, I am getting a bigger car, and will pay you more money. Just let me out of my current contract. What??? you won't?

This is the same essentially.

Not applicable

Wrong on many counts. T-Mobile? firstly T-Mobile sells phones at full price. Second unless you've got good credit you're paying for the entire amount upfront.

flutterfly8497

No, you are definitely trying to break a contract. You're willing to sign a new two year contract, but will you then need to get a new phone at the 20 month mark again? And if you are told "no" again, will you be infuriated again? As a long time customer,  you should be well aware of how Verizon's contracts work. You are not entitled to special treatment because of your tenure as a customer. I've been a customer for 14 years. You pay your bill every month and receive a service. So do I. You pay on time? So do I. You're supposed to do that. If you don't want the restriction of a contract, switch to prepaid, or buy full price and skip contracts altogether.

rkramadh

@snn5, I am not paying for the phone now.  So there is no question of paying off the remaining balance on it etc. 

0 Likes

rkramadh

@Weth, My thinking exactly....especially since I am not paying for the dumb phone I have now, I am upgrading to a smart phone for which I will pay a lot more!

0 Likes