Highlighted

Verizon ruined my wife's birthday

greenbean5235

I just spent an hour on the phone with Verizon and still had no resolution to my problem. In August of last year, I had a disconnection of service. I'm trying to Edge up my wife's phone for her birthday (in two days). Because my disconnect was on the 9th, they want me to wait 6 days to upgrade. Seriously? 6 days?? Customer Care says it's financial services who can help me. Financial services says it's customer care that needs to help me. Supervisors are blaming supervisors, and all the while NOTHING is being done to help me. Meanwhile, I'm going to miss my wife's birthday present by 4 days! Then they tell me a higher up manager can help, except they've gone home for the day. I look to see if there's an email address I can plead my case to. Guess what? I can't find anything on their website. It's like they don't want to be contacted. So I just got the runaround and wasted an hour of my time (and minutes) because no one wants to help me out 6 days early. Good job Verizon. Way to show your customers they don't matter.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon ruined my wife's birthday

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Since you can have no negative record of late payment or disconnect within 6 months to Edge up as part of the terms and requirements, I'd imagine they were just trying to pass you off until those 6 days passed.  It's much like someone trying to upgrade their contract 6 days early.  It's all about the fine line, fine print, and about the promises that Verizon made to offer service in exchange for your promise to abide by the agreement.

Highlighted

greenbean5235

I understand that. And by the technical letter of the law, it's their right to make me wait out the 6 days. But c'mon, to be so unrelenting about it, over 6 days? I've been a loyal customer for 6 years. I've paid the higher payments when I could have gone to a cheaper cell provider because Verizon had  better service. Now I might as well wait out my Edge agreement and find a company that won't nitpick over 6 days.

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

I'm sorry, but Verizon didn't ruin your wife's birthday, the disconnection a little less than 6 months ago is what is going to make you miss the birthday by 4 days.

0 Likes
Highlighted

greenbean5235

So you don't think that a loyal customer with one blemish on their account from 5 months and 25 days ago deserves maybe a little special consideration? It's not like I was leaving them. They would be retaining me for another 2 years.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

It all boils down to expectation creep.   If you get 6 days early then the standard for all should be 6 days early.  Then heck, I am a good customer, so why should I not get another week earlier than that?   Soon everyone complains when they can't get the upgrade a 6 measly weeks early.  

Highlighted

greenbean5235

That's a slippery slope argument. And it's not everyone wanting an upgrade early. It's a situational thing. If it wasn't my wife's birthday, I wouldn't care about the 6 days.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

You imply an illogical connection.  However, when Verizon allowed upgrades early people did in fact do exactly as stated, and make that the new standard and say why can't it be just another week early.  Not all slippery slope arguments are illogical. 

If we want to stay logical, the rule is 6 months.   End of argument .  

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

greenbean5235 wrote:

So you don't think that a loyal customer with one blemish on their account from 5 months and 25 days ago deserves maybe a little special consideration?

No, I do not. There are requirements for Edging Up. You do not meet them.

0 Likes
Highlighted

greenbean5235

You should work for Verizon.

0 Likes