Highlighted

Verizon has failed me and I will no longer be a customer.

I wanted to order a prepaid phone. So I did.

I couldn't place an order with a separate shipping address than billing address. This is bad for me, because my credit card is linked to my home address, buty I live at university right now.

I chatted online with the online orders customer service. They told me to place the order anyway and call in to customer service to have it changed.

My order was shipped 3/12.

The number to customer service was not for the right department and I had to be transferred multiple times. Online orders was happy to put in a request to change my shipping address. They give me a number to call back if I have any problems.

I wait two weeks. Nothing comes in the mail. I check the tracking number, and it says it got to a town 1.5 hours from me, then was returned to sender on 3/14. That return arrived back at Verizon on 3/17.

I call the customer service number I was given last time. It is a robot for bill paying, not the department I'm looking for. I found a general number for "Verizon customer service" and go through multiple transfers to actually get to a department that can help me. (Actually, they were the only ones who could even SEE my order details.)

They tell me that first time customers cannot have a separate shipping address than billing address, so Verizon told fedex to stop sending my package and return it. Even though two weeks ago, customer service happily put in a request to change my shipping address.

Today is 3/26.

In the meantime (the ten days between 3/14 and 3/26), I was not told that my order was being cancelled. I was not refunded. I had to call to get any information other than the obvious, that my package was not in my mailbox.

Verizon has utterly failed me. I'm reording this phone, but after the required month of prepaid service I will no longer be a Verizon customer for as long as I can avoid it. The customer service system is broken, the ordering system is bad, and customer service representitives are forced to be annoyingly "friendly". (A note on that: when they ask for my name, I can't tell if it's to greet me with a first name or to get information for my order/problem/question. It makes the conversation terrible because I don't know whether I should spell my hard-to-spell last name or even say it in the first place! Very frustrating. And the forced small talk just wastes my time. The constant transfers and representitives' inability to see details of my order unless they're in the right department is also a massive waste of my time.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon has failed me and I will no longer be a customer.

Leader

Why are you ordering a new phone if after a month you will no longer be a customer?

Blank stare.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Because I'll be switching to a third-party service that requires verizon phones ASAP. Like it or not, they are the only ones with reliable coverage in my area.

0 Likes
Highlighted

By the way, I said exactly that in my last paragraph.

0 Likes

Leader

No you didnt. Best wishes at your new carrier. It's a good thing that more clueless customers won't clog the 800 number.

Highlighted

I'm reording this phone, but after the required month of prepaid service I will no longer be a Verizon customer for as long as I can avoid it.

Yes I did. Here it is.

Also, stop being annoying. Thanks.

0 Likes
Covid19