Highlighted

Verizon go Unlimited is Joke

So I have had the go unlimited for about 6Months now and it has been ok up until 10/8/2018. My speed tests which I do fairly often went from an average of 40Mbps down to 0.12Mbps that's just download speeds upload doesn't even exist.(0.12Mbpsis less than 56K dial up). I called there technical support about it, well lets just say that I am being throttled because of  network congestion (which I i know they do when there is actual network congestion). Now that network congestion follows me everywhere I go and no matter what time of the day it is. At 3:am when I got up this morning my data was almost non existent, i check my email and it times out or tells me I do not have a data connection, Facebook tells me I am not connected to the internet.

After talking to the tech support person i went to my local verizon store and was told that my data will be throttled at times of congestion. My reply to hm was so the congestion is lasting several days for 24 hours, give me a break, and my data is getting throttled to almost non existent. he proceeded to change my sim card thinking that would help. well 2 blocks away from the store I did a speed test again and well it didn't even connect to data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon go Unlimited is Joke

Community Manager
Community Manager

MRWALLEYEMAN1, we know the importance of having data when you need it. We are here to help.

The Go Unlimited plan does offer unlimited data. However, when in an area of congestion, your speeds would be limited while on that plan selection.

Have you tried our Beyond Unlimited plan? That plan option would provide you with 22GB of 4G LTE speeds before being in a congested area would affect your speeds  https://vz.to/2NIthA0

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I know that that the speeds would be throttled as I mentioned it in my post, but when they are throttled so much that everything times out, (speeds are less than 56k dialup), like email, facebook, safari, (these are just a small example of the apps that do that) or when those apps tell you you do not have internet connection and it is has been 3 plus days all day long no matter where I am is totally unacceptable. Like I said 3 full days everywhere I have been they have been less than 56K mostly around the 14.4k to 33.5K., even speeds to less than 8K and yes I have test results to prove it from several areas. There is no way that I'm in a congested data area for 3 full days know, no matter where I go, no matter what time of day. Data congestion at 3 am even (yeah right).

And yes I have looked at the so called Beyond unlimited and even the next one up from that, they are jokes as well, it is just another money grab for verizon.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

MRWALLEYEMAN1 wrote:

And yes I have looked at the so called Beyond unlimited and even the next one up from that, they are jokes as well, it is just another money grab for verizon.

They may be jokes to you, but I went with BeyondUnlimited when I switched from a 15 GB shared plan and I have not ONCE had the experience of any problems with data speeds. While my largest data usage in any billing cycle has only been 18 GB, I haven't had any problems with data speed at all. I have been able to stream video constantly, without ANY buffering, on a 3 hour car trip across 150 miles followed by 3 more hours of streaming video(again with no buffering problems) walking around a golf course in the middle of nowhere.

I went with BeyondUnlimited over GoUnlimited because I didn't want the possibility of re-prioritization and felt that since I had NEVER used 22 GB in any given month across 4 lines of service I would not have any problem with the 22 GB threshold I was given for a single line.

Possibly Verizon should not have had GoUnlimited but there are people on these forums who don't seem to have any problems with it and have reported using 20 - 30 GB in a month on that plan. One of the comments I remember hearing before Verizon re-introduced unlimited data was "it doesn't matter the cost, just let us have unlimited data again" and now I see the most complaints about data speed on the LOWEST cost tier of unlimited data where re-prioritization is a possibility at ANY time in your billing cycle. Seems the logical step would be to choose one of the tiers where re-prioritization does not start at the beginning of a billing cycle, but later on AFTER you use quite a bit of data.

Highlighted

Re: Verizon go Unlimited is  Joke

Expert

Actually 0.12 Mpbs is 120 kbps which is faster than 56 kbps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

.12mbps is only 15kbs

Mbps : Megabit per second (Mbit/s or Mb/s)

kB/s : Kilobyte per second

1 byte = 8 bits

1 bit  = (1/8) bytes

1 bit  = 0.125 bytes

1 kilobyte = 10001 bytes

1 megabit  = 10002 bits

1 megabit  = (1000 / 😎 kilobytes

1 megabit  = 125 kilobytes

1 megabit/second = 125 kilobytes/second

1 Mbps = 125 kB/s

Highlighted

Expert

You should be more clear when you are referring to kilobytes (kB/s) and kilobits (kbps). A 56k modem is 56 kilobits (kbps).

https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-kbps

Dial-up Internet access - Wikipedia

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Have you tried the other unlimited plans ?

It's a $10 price difference between Go and Beyond. T-Mobile charges $15 to "amp it up". $10 is less than a pizza. Verizon used to offer a 100GB plan for $450

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

0.12 mbps = 15 kB/s = 120 kbps = 0.015 mB/s

0 Likes
Highlighted

No I haven't tried any of the other unlimited plans, and no I am not going to, because I have to several lines that I would have to change over, not just my line.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Covid19