Highlighted

Verizon edge phone return not credited

I have been fighting with Verizon since October to have a $425 charge removed from my account for a phone that every representative I spoke with confirmed had been received in their Ft. Worth TX warehouse on September 26th. On December 12th, the CSR assured me that a credit request had been filed with Financial Services and that I had nothing to worry about.  On December 22nd, my bank account was debited $425!!  According to Verizon, I had to fax a request with supporting documentation (including my bank statement) and would receive a refund in 7-10 days!!! I don't know about you, but i don't have a spare $425 sitting around this time of year. Fortunately, my bank stopped payment and returned the funds... At the price of Verizon being permanently blocked from receiving payment through that account... Unfortunately, I received a phone call from Financial Services today demanding payment of my past due balance of $425!! According to that representative,  Customer Care (the folks I had been speaking to for 3 months) are responsible for the credit, not Financial Services... Seriously?!?  So, once again, I found myself back on the line with Customer Care (the representative's name is always "Kim" hmmmm)... She supposedly checked with Tech Support (!!!!) and was told that I was one of 16,000 customers who have been wrongly charged... They are "working on the problem" as of "this morning's meeting" where they supposedly were made aware of the widespread problem TODAY...  Will I actually get my credit? Will Verizon do anything to compensate me for the HOURS I have spent on this problem? The STRESS I have experienced? The AGGRAVATION?  Buyers beware, Verizon holds all the cards in this program. I have 3 devices on Edge and I am ON EDGE about what my next problem will be... 

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Verizon edge phone return not credited

I had the same problem....after 3 months of battling with Verizon I transferred my # to AT&T. I wasted so much time arguing this with Verizon.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

After transfer, did the charges go away or did they go to collections?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I chatted with a Verizon rep a couple days ago and she was able to credit my bill for the remaining balance owed for the phone and it was actually credited the NEXT day after chatting with her..I now have a ZERO balance owed to Verizon...crazy....it took 3 months of me battling with them on the charge....and then when I transfer my service to AT&T (after they cut off my phone) they finally credit it.

Can't believe they lost a customer over their own mistake and stupidity.

Highlighted

I am dealing with the same exact issue now. I been through this since November 2014. Everyone I spoke with said they have seen my phone in the warehouse and that my charge will be taken off. But now they say they have not seen it. And every month has been shutting my phone off.

Did they ever take the charge off your account yet??

0 Likes