Highlighted

Re: Verizon doing away with 2 year contracts

Novice

wow that is strong. Nothing more I hate is scratchy phone screens and eye glasses

0 Likes
Highlighted

Paying off the phone to upgrade kid of bites.  I like to switch phones often.  I was impatient on the Edge time line.  12 GB of data is not enough for a family of four.  T Mobile lets you upgrade three times a year for a small fee and has MUCH better data plans.  The only hitch is that their service is poor.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

It says you can speak with a Verizon rep about getting more than 12GB of data.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

ScreenHunter_94 Aug. 13 21.26.jpgI just went to the Verizon website and it says there's a special now that I can get my upgrade now, well I went through the buying process and with taxes it will be like $132.00 something, but the thing that got me was my smartphone would be $25 and my husbands basic 30, what?

0 Likes
Highlighted

for the basic phone call customer care to add the basic phone line access discount for $10   it will not reflect online but on the bill

0 Likes
Highlighted

more everything 2gb plan only credits $15 towards the $40 line access charge  if you wants $15 lac you need 6gb or more on the more everything plan

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon has screwed up!   Yes, some of you do not like contracts but some of us do.   The idea that the "Edge" program is cheaper is false!!!   I have 5 phones on Verizon. (4 smartphones and 1 normal).   I paid $200 out of pocket due to the subsides and $275/month on a 2 year contract.   For me to shift to their new plans I can get the service for $235/month..7.a savings of only $40/month.   Yes, it is a savings but not when I have to pay $2350 for 5 new phones.  If I choose to pay over a 24 month, 0%, plan that will raise my month cost to $347.

In reality everything they advertise is a lie.  The new plan actually cost me an extra $72/month and over the course of 24 months that is $1728. Simple math says this plan is costing me $1528 more after I deduct my original out of pocket expenses on my S5 subsidized phones.

Verizon...you have lost me

Highlighted

Leader

You were always paying that much for 5 new phones. You just didn't realize it. You might have paid $250 outright for the phone, but then you paid a $40 line access fee each month to make up for the fact that you got the phone so cheap. Now you pay the full price of the phone and have a $20 line access fee.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

aharris728 wrote:

Verizon has screwed up!   Yes, some of you do not like contracts but some of us do.   The idea that the "Edge" program is cheaper is false!!!   I have 5 phones on Verizon. (4 smartphones and 1 normal).   I paid $200 out of pocket due to the subsides and $275/month on a 2 year contract.   For me to shift to their new plans I can get the service for $235/month..7.a savings of only $40/month.   Yes, it is a savings but not when I have to pay $2350 for 5 new phones.  If I choose to pay over a 24 month, 0%, plan that will raise my month cost to $347.

I'm curious, what plan do you currently have and what are your data allowances? More Everything? Nationwide Family Share? Unlimited data? On what data allowance are you basing the new $235 monthly cost? 5 phones on the new plan would be $100 in line access fees with $135 left over for data cost. 4 smartphones and 1 basic phone on old More Everything plan would be $180 in line access fees with $95 left over for data cost. Are you increasing your data allowance to get to the new monthly cost?

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am on an older Family and friends plan.  I have an 8 gig data plan.  All in I pay just under $275/month.   The new plan does give me 10 gig of data but we never go over to start with but it is all they offered.   MY basis for the $235 is $180 for the new plan/data and then based on a percentage of my current plan the taxes and fees I paid in GA run another 40-50 a month.  If all the fees drop off then it would be $180 + 22 in taxes resulting in a monthly cost of $202.

That said...Even using my current plan at $275/month.  I spent an additional $200 out of pockets for the phones I have so simple match says over a 24 month window I have spent $6800 on my cell service.   With the new plan between $202-235, average is $218/month.  A SAVINGS of about $56/month however think about the big 24 month picture.   $218/m x 24 =  $5232 but that is without any phones.  If I choose to purchase the phones outright they will cost me $2350 (that 4 S5's a one standard phone).  $5232+2350 = $7582

End result after 24 months....actually money spent:  old plan: $6800   new plan:  $7582.   Under the new plans I will spend $782 more or an extra $32.58/month over the 24 month window.

I don't know if it is cheaper for 1 phone but when you have 5  the new "pay as you go" plan sucks!

0 Likes