Highlighted

Re: Verizon doing away with 2 year contracts

your price will stay the same if you dont change your plan   once you leave unlimited data you cannot go back

Highlighted

So we still have to pay the early termination fees to switch? Then they shouldnt say that people in contracts can switch or keep two year contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted

you still have to pay etf if you leave verizon

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ok so i wont have to pay if i want to switch from contract to the edge?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Does anyone known what happens if an existing customer wants to keep their old plan - will they be able to get a subsidized phone as long as they don't switch to the new plans?  Some articles stated that they were doing away with subsidy for new customers & existing that wanted to move to new plan, but didn't know if that meant subsidies will still be available for those staying on old plan -- or if I have to scramble and get a new phone by next week?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Subsidized phones were on contract only...that's why the price was reduced for those phones.  You paid less now and the rest over the course of the contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

Areese89 wrote:

Ok so i wont have to pay if i want to switch from contract to the edge?

The Edge name was retired July 24th. It's simply called Monthly Device Payment which is what Edge was anyway. And you can't switch. You have to fulfill your contract. You can switch to the new plans but you will pay the $40 line fee until your contract is up. Whether or not they'll let you upgrade is something we don't know yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

vandyke1977 wrote:Does anyone known what happens if an existing customer wants to keep their old plan - will they be able to get a subsidized phone as long as they don't switch to the new plans?  Some articles stated that they were doing away with subsidy for new customers & existing that wanted to move to new plan, but didn't know if that meant subsidies will still be available for those staying on old plan -- or if I have to scramble and get a new phone by next week?

Nope 2 year contract are gone as of the 13th. if they let people on old plans keeps getting subsidized phones they'd still have people on contracts 10 years from now. The whole point of this is to get rid of subsidies. You're better off without the 2 year contract anyway. Too many people get on a 2 year contract then get mad when Verizon won't let them upgrade after 18 months. People also whine about the $40 upgrade fee. Both those issues go away now.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Although I have an unlimited data, four family members that are in my plan have 2gb each.   And three of the contracts will Expire in October.  Those three should be bumped up to 3GB plan for no additional cost.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

My contract is up on the 29th, and I wanted a Galaxy 6, but I can't afford $600.00 for a phone even on payment. We're paying 120.00 a month now for 1 basic phone , tablet and smartphone. This really sucks. I don't really care too much about the data, I don't use it hardly at all but the price for the phone is what gets me. I could pay the $199 for it but not no $600