Highlighted

Verizon doing away with 2 year contracts

What does this mean for people currently in contracts. I read we can keep it if we want. What if we don't want to keep our contract?  Does that mean we can leave Verizon and not have to pay an early term fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Verizon doing away with 2 year contracts

Sr. Leader

robyn5678 wrote:

According to the articles I have read it states that people currently in contracts can switch to the new plan. Wouldn't that mean we'd no longer have a contract?

You can switch to the new plan, with restrictions...and the restrictions seem to indicate that if you are currently in a contract, you  will continue to pay the $40/month line access until your contract expires.  Any out of contract lines will be $20, and the new pricing on the data buckets will apply.  Of course, you do not HAVE to switch to the new plans if you have a better deal NOW.  For me, and for a lot of folks with smaller data buckets, the new pricing is better, especially for out of contract lines - $5 less than the $25 it is now, and more data for less $.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If you are currently in  contract, you need to fulfill that contract.  It does not mean you can walk away with no consequences.  The terms of your contract don't change, but any new deals initiated after 8/13 will not involve contracts.

Highlighted

According to the articles I have read it states that people currently in contracts can switch to the new plan. Wouldn't that mean we'd no longer have a contract?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You have always been able to change plans, as long as that plan was available.  Changing plans does not always mean changing contracts. 

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

robyn5678 wrote:

You can switch to the new plan, with restrictions...and the restrictions seem to indicate that if you are currently in a contract, you  will continue to pay the $40/month line access until your contract expires.  Any out of contract lines will be $20, and the new pricing on the data buckets will apply.  Of course, you do not HAVE to switch to the new plans if you have a better deal NOW.  For me, and for a lot of folks with smaller data buckets, the new pricing is better, especially for out of contract lines - $5 less than the $25 it is now, and more data for less $.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for helping to clarify  that helps a lot

0 Likes
Highlighted

means nothing, just VZ marketing If you agree to buy a $649 new phone from VZ you will still be under contract  with VZ for that phone until its paid off. They announced it a week before "new and improved" plans kick in so to create a a rush to  get people to sign  up on it before most figure it out. Just VZ marketing

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have unlimited data plan and my phone was purchased for full price 3years ago. Will my monthly bill go down?

0 Likes
Highlighted

What's the price for 30 gb of data after 8/13??

0 Likes
Highlighted

you can switch to the new plans but you will have to fulfill your current contract agreement wether it is 2-year contract or device payment plan

0 Likes