Verizon condones their resellers ripping off their customers...it's disgraceful.

ochamberlain

In December 2014, I received a promotion from Verizon offering a free tablet. I thought it would be a great Christmas gift for my daughter, so I went to a retail store in Wilmington, DE to get more information. While there, I spoke to the salesperson about converting my wireless plan, and told him I was a Fios customer as well. Long story short, I converted 2 cell phones from Verizon, and also got service for the aforementioned tablet.

In addition, I told the salesperson that I wanted wifi service I could use when I visit clients (I am an insurance broker). He recommended this mobile WiFi device. So, at his advice, I ordered that as well, bringing me to 4 lines. He told me I was eligible for 10 lines, but I told him I have everything I need,

HERE'S THE PROBLEM: I called FiOs because I had questions about my service with them. I asked about combining my wireless and FiOs service and the rep explained to me that they were 2 separate entities. I told him I purchased the WiFi unit, wondering why they didn't offer the mobile WiFi like Comcast does. Not only did he tell me FiOs does offer that, but he told me the Wireless rep should have known, and advised me to complain to VZW,

I called customer service, and they acted like they could care less. I told them bout my ordeal and that I wanted them to discontinue billing me for the wireless unit, which I never used. I offered to send it back, at my expense, and this jerk says he can't help me, but would give me a 10% monthly discount on the monthly usage. So I'll only pay 90% on something that I can't use...what a joke. I told them if this is not resolved by week's end, I'm moving all my accounts from Verizon.

I don't want to leave Verizon, but I'm not going to stand for being intentionally misrepresented either. Where can I direct a complaint where someone has the authority and desire to resolve my issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Verizon condones their resellers ripping off their customers...it's disgraceful.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ochamberlain

It is great customers like you that have made us who we are today. We would be so sad to see a longtime loyal customer leave. Our mobile hotspot device is the best solution to having access to internet for your devices wherever a wireless signal is available. Access to “wifi hotspots” can be very limited whereas a mobile hotspot can be used almost everywhere. Have you been able to use your mobile hotspot at all?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Verizon condones their resellers ripping off their customers...it's disgraceful.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

You could have canceled within the first 14 days.  The only option now is cancel the line and pay the early termination fee. 

IT may be more cost effective to do so.

SInce a wireless hotspot would have done what you wanted it to do, I don't get how this was misrepresented as a part of your wireless account.

0 Likes

ochamberlain

The misrepresentation is knowing that I was a FiOs customer and having WiFi capabilities. Instead of informing me of this, he took advantage of my lack of knowledge about this, and sold me the damn thing anyway, because it meant a greater payday.

I do have other options, other than paying the ETF. I can move all my lines out of there and let the next carrier pay it, which I intend to do.

You're obviously a VZW employee or reseller who rips people off too.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

ochamberlain

I am not an employee.  This is a customer to customer forum, employees are clearly identified, per community rules.

HOw you can tell us apart:  If you see snow, taste syrup and smell manure another employee is trying to snow you, sooth you and sell you more bull.

I Don't have fios, but as far as I understand it, it's home based wifi and is not portable.  A mifi or hotspot is.  Many people use them or they wouldn't still sell them for Internet use for computers on the road.

0 Likes

ochamberlain

I do have WiFi, and I thought the same thing you did, that the WiFi was only for in-home use and not portable. However, I learned that you can install an app unto your computer and/or tablet and use it wherever you go. I have used it, and continued to use it to this day, and it works very well. I never would have known if I hadn't made that call to FiOs customer services and had the conversation about Verizon Wireless.

So again, my issue is that I disclosed this to the reseller, and was told by FiOs that the guy should have known I had this feature and not railroaded me into that purchase. He got 3 lines off me, how greedy can you be??

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Or he didn't know any more than you or I.

You mention an app to connect to Fios. I assume it's like if I connect to

Cox public WiFi? It isn't a cellular connection in the computer?

That would work when there was a public access to Fios? Have you used it

on the road successfully? (because I never see Hotspot for other

networks, only ATT and Cox)

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ochamberlain

It is great customers like you that have made us who we are today. We would be so sad to see a longtime loyal customer leave. Our mobile hotspot device is the best solution to having access to internet for your devices wherever a wireless signal is available. Access to “wifi hotspots” can be very limited whereas a mobile hotspot can be used almost everywhere. Have you been able to use your mobile hotspot at all?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

ochamberlain

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for responding. Out of the many people I've spoken to about this issue, you are the first person who acted like they gave a d***, and I appreciate it. I don't want to leave, trust me. Verizon has the best mobile coverage in the industry, which, frankly, is the only reason I haven't left yet.

I have yet to use the mobile hotspot, because I've been using the FiOs hotspot since they brought it to my attention, and it has worked great wherever I have gone. I don't doubt that the mobile hotspot is fantastic for people that need it, but the disappointment I have is that the reseller knew I had access to the FiOs hotspot but didn't bring it to my attention because he wanted a 4 line sale instead of 3. I would have appreciated it if I had all the facts so that I can make a more informed decision on my purchase.

Customer service keeps telling me I had 14 days to take it back, but I didn't find out about the FiOs hotspot until I called them a month later about a different issue, and they brought it to my attention.. I brought it to VZW's attention as soon as I became aware of it. I want to remain a VZW customer. I just want to be treated fairly.

Thank you for responding sir,

Oliver

0 Likes

Angrybird1

Verizon has partnered with Victra and condones the Victra salespersons intentionally lying to Verizon customers to sell them the Samsung tablets. I was told I could get the tablet for $10/month and then save $30/month on my phone bill. I have no need for a tablet, but agreed to the deal to save the $20/month. I signed the contracts without reading them (though I know better). My first bill didn't come until after the 14 day return policy had expired, showing that Micheal K. from the "Verizon Wireless" store at 12301 Lake City Way in Seattle, had actually signed me up for $12.50 per month in payments on the tablet, activated the tablet for $40, AND added it as a new line of service for an additional $20/month. Then he REDUCED THE SERVICES on one of my existing phones and removed the device insurance plan, to show a "savings" of $30/month on my phone bill. They refused to take back the device because it was past the 14 day return policy - no exceptions - period. I spoke to a Verizon supervisor who ADMITTED TO ME that Verizon was WELL AWARE that these Victra sales people were lying to people, but that Verizon had no intention of doing anything about it. Verizon gave me credit for the monthly fees, but then ADDED another $14.58 to the bill for no apparent reason, again trying to rip me off. This isn't the first bad experience I've had with Verizon and I'm sick of it. I'll certainly be dropping them.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Angrybird1,

You are an important part of our family. We would be devastated to see you leave. I am sending you a Private Note so we can get to the bottom of this concern and help with a resolution. 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes