Highlighted

Verizon charged me for service I couldn't use due to a fault sim they sent me. Threatened to take it to collections for there mistake.

In March I had to return to the US from living in Japan due to COVID-19 and needed new cellular service. I had my own device already, so I ordered a SIM card from Verizon. 

When the SIM card arrived, it didn't work and wouldn't connect to the account set up in my name. I couldn't even access the account due to the faulty sim. The same day I called Verizon to trouble shoot, and they ended up sending me a new SIM card a few days later that connected to a new account that has since worked perfectly. 

I thought it was resolved, but then I started receiving bills for the first account that I could NEVER use or access. I called a representative and spoke for several hours trying to resolve the issue. The call ended in the representative telling me that the line would be disconnected and I wouldn't need to worry about any notices regarding this account. 

Then a few weeks later I received a notice that the outstanding balance on the bad account would be sent to collections. I was able to get in touch with someone from Verizon to at least pay it over the phone because I didn't want this impacting my credit, even though there is no reason I should have to pay for two lines of service for one phone. I called the next day to see if I could be reimbursed for the charge. I was told it wasn't possible because "there were no notes on my account describing the faulty sim" for the month they essentially double charged me.

So long story short, Verizon charged me for two phone lines when I only asked for one, threatened to take me to collections for not paying the phone account I could neither use or access, wasted several hours of my life and caused a deal of stress, and now won't take responsibility because the representatives I spoke with weren't taking proper notes. 

After this experience I would never recommend Verizon to someone else, and will likely switch to another carrier once life returns to normal from COVID. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon charged me for service I couldn't use due to a fault sim they sent me. Threatened to ta

Customer Support

chevuki327, we know the importance of understanding your billed charges. We're truly sorry to learn of this incident and want to all we can to help. Have you reached out to our Account Recovery team by calling 888-852-1922? Do you still have an active service account with us? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon charged me for service I couldn't use due to a fault sim they sent me. Threatened to ta

When the original aim and account didn’t work I asked the representative to close it. But they never did so I was charged for the account until I followed up weeks later and the different rep closed it. When I asked to be refunded, they said “because there were no notes from the first call they wouldn’t refund me” this is totally unacceptable 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We certainly want to see this resolved for you. Have you connected with our account recovery team using the number previously provided?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes