Verizon billing mistake reimbursed minus the tax dollars created by the over charge?

stoked1000

Has anybody had a reimbursement from Verizon minus the tax dollars created by that over charge?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: Verizon billing mistake reimbursed minus the tax dollars created by the over charge?

flutterfly8497

Do you mean that the taxes weren't refunded on the bill, or that they weren't included in the credit? If it is the latter, I believe the taxes are calculated once the bill is generated,  like if you return something to a store and instead of getting the price on the itemized receipt you get that plus some. For example, a taxed item with a shelf price of $10 will be refunded $10 plus the tax, so you get $10.55 (if we're talking 5.5% tax). I'm not totally sure if it works that way with Verizon, but I used to work at a residential phone company, and we didn't make the tax part of the credit...it showed up on the bill sort of like this:

Credit - $10.00

Taxes - $0.55

Total credit - $10.55

0 Likes

Re: Verizon billing mistake reimbursed minus the tax dollars created by the over charge?

stoked1000

They overcharged me $256.00 and gave me a credit for $256 only.

I did not get (not a huge amount BTW) a credit for the tax

created by that $256.

They claim that the tax is not credited because

they pay that straight to the government.

So in other words I pay the tax on their mistake.

Does that make sense?

0 Likes

flutterfly8497

No, that doesn't make sense at all to me. They pay the taxes to the government but with the refund it seems they would get that tax back. That means you are being taxed for nothing. I would keep pushing. If this happened to you, how many other customers have been taken in the same way? If I buy something at Wal-Mart and return it a month later, I still get the tax back.  It isn't as if they are paying the taxes with every transaction,  it's probably quarterly. Even if it is a small amount of money,  it's the principle of it. I hope you can get it all straightened out!

0 Likes