Highlighted

Verizon Up unable to redeem rewards

spiffdeb

I have NEVER been able to redeem Verizon Up awards.  I currently have an Amazon Kindle  Unlimited reward.  When I click on it to "Use" it takes me to an Amazon page that has nothing on it.  VERY Frustrating.  I have tried it several times at different points with the same results.

Labels (1)

Re: Verizon Up unable to redeem rewards

Community Manager
Community Manager

spiffdeb

Sorry for this inconvenience. We want to see you take advantage of every benefit available to you on our network. Verizon Up credits expire after 60 days, and every reward has an expiration date. Did your reward expire? 

What steps did you take to claim that reward? Did you follow the steps below? 

1. On the Choose tab, tap the reward you want.
  2. Tap Claim now.
  3. If you want to use it right away, tap View details.
  4. Then tap Use now.
  5. Otherwise, your reward will be saved on the Use tab.

Once you've claimed your reward, you will need to follow the steps below to use it: 

1. Go to the Use tab in Verizon Up and select the claimed reward you'd like to use.
  2. Tap the reward card from the Use tab to find the redemption instructions for that reward. 

For more information regarding Verizon Up, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/#general-what-is 

LasinaJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

This program is a complete waste of time.   I thought I was accumulating "device dollars.". When it came time to get our new Pixel 3XL's I tried many different attempts to use the device dollars and ultimately gave up.  50 worthless device not worth the effort to claim them.  Then I got an offer for Accessory Dollars.  Same experience, the site repeatedly rejected my attempt to use the worthless things so I gave up.  Basically the app and program is so poorly implemented that it lets you wander around trying to use it untill you finally give up.

It does not serve the purpose of a reward program because I had a much better opinion of Verizon before than after trying to use it.

The bottom line is that if what you are trying to use the credits on is discounted even one dollar you can't use the credits.  So the credits are WORTHLESS.  In addition they create frustration because this is not clearly stated anywhere.  Instead they let you grope around untill you get mad and quit.  This us not the correct strategy for a company whose marketing position is that of the premium operator.  The net effect is the perception of being a CHEAPSKATE operation.  Drop the program.  It will serve you better!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning, Richardhwalter, and thank you for taking the time and opportunity to provide your feedback to us. Though it breaks our heart to hear that you have this current feeling, it's vital we review tihs further and ensure you have the best and most accurate information in regard to our Device Dollars program.

1. Device Dollars are rewards that can be claimed, saved over time and used on a smartphone, basic phone or tablet upgrade or new line of service when purchased on a monthly payment plan or at full retail price.

2. Your Device Dollars expire 24 months after you claim them. However, once you've tapped on the card in the Use tab, you have 30 days to make your purchase.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

I fully understand what they are. You have not addressed my issue.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019, 8:31 AM vzw_customer_support <

egreb

I have the same problem and tried your instructions and it does not work. When I click the "use" tab it takes me to an Amazon page but there is no place to enter in the code. What am I supposed to do? This is very frustrating. This Verizon Up program seems like a scam.

0 Likes

Klansde

Same here. I tried to use the Uber code and when I copy and paste the code in, I get an error message that the promotion is expired. This, despite the fact they Verizon Up clearly shows the code is good through June 2019. I called to complain and was told someone would contact me but I haven’t heard from anyone. I’ve been on vacation and have had ample opportunities to take Uber. It would be nice if the code worked or someone from Verizon contacted me back to rectify.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand the importance of being able to use your redeemed rewards Klandsde and want to be sure this gets resolved. Our dedicated Verizon Up team can take a closer look at this for you. They can be reached at 866-895-5579 Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET and Saturday - Sunday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM ET. 

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes

tjohnson15

I am having the same issue! VERY frustrating!!!!!! I followed the directions exactly how it says and it still won't work. I have been trying for several months. It has expired and I was never able to use it because the link has NEVER WORKED!!!! Am I just out the reward now?! If so, I'm going to be extremely upset as I've been trying to figure out how to get this to work for quite some time. I should also mention. I received this reward AFTER the date is says it expired. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand how frustrating it can be to have a reward and not be able to claim it, tjohnson15. I would recommend reaching out to our Verizon Up Rewards Team directly at 866-895-5579. Their hours of operation are Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 8:00PM ET and Sat-Sun 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM ET.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes