Highlighted

Verizon Up transition stinks!

scottdrummond

I was on the verge of accumulating a new credit under the $300 purchase program when they changed to the new monthly awards. 

All that credit disappeared with the new program and I got no reward for it. 

When I called to complain, they offered me ONE of their new one month reward credits. 

So I traded about 5 months of loyalty to them for one month of reward credit.

Good job Verizon!   Way to treat your customers. 

I'm now motivated to do some comparison shopping for a provider that wants to reward me for long term business loyalty.    

Re: Verizon Up transition stinks!

glitchedpixel

You're complaining about something that's free. I don't get any rewards for spending $300 with Comcast.

0 Likes

scottdrummond

It is not "free." It is pitched as a "reward" program.  They track my data, sell it for a tidy profit and throw me a crumb or two.  Or at least that is supposed to be how it works.

But Verizon found a way to make me even more annoyed!  My credit showed up and  I can choose a Starbucks gift card (which might buy me 1/2 of a nasty drink or overpriced bakery item,) some crummy magazine subscription scam, a Barnes and Noble gift card (who knew they are still in business) or a Jennifer Lopez offer of some sort.     

I've been a customer since at least 2003, but am feeling pretty unappreciated and will be looking for a more reasonable cell phone service relationship.     

Community Manager
Community Manager

scottdrummond, 

We appreciate the 16 years you've been a part of the Verizon family and wouldn't want to see that come to an end. Your feedback regarding the changes we've made to the Verizon Up program is extremely valuable to us and we'll use it to help offer our customers a more relevant rewards experience in the future. Now the good thing is that with the changes we've made, you're no longer required to enroll in Verizon Selects to participate in the program. To opt out, sign in via My Verizon at this link www.vzw.com/VerizonSelects. 

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes

boringusername

@scottdrummond wrote:

It is not "free." It is pitched as a "reward" program.  They track my data, sell it for a tidy profit and throw me a crumb or two.  Or at least that is supposed to be how it works.

But Verizon found a way to make me even more annoyed!  My credit showed up and  I can choose a Starbucks gift card (which might buy me 1/2 of a nasty drink or overpriced bakery item,) some crummy magazine subscription scam, a Barnes and Noble gift card (who knew they are still in business) or a Jennifer Lopez offer of some sort.     

I've been a customer since at least 2003, but am feeling pretty unappreciated and will be looking for a more reasonable cell phone service relationship.     

No they do not sell your data nor do they track it.

0 Likes