Re: Verizon Up is so disappointing

KATQUI76

I have to agree with this post. I came looking for the community to pose this same question. These "rewards" are not rewards when the items available for redemption are nothing you would ever use or care about. Not to mention the previous rewards program was pretty useless as well. Earn points and rewards for what? Is there some way you can implement better rewards that would be appealing to ALL or most of your customers? I like the gift cards.  $5 gift cards for Starbucks, Target, anything that most people like. At least it would be worthwhile. Otherwise I think you can chalk this rewards programs as a loss.

sweetmail

Agree. Gift card are good. Verizon Up. Hope you take the suggestion from your custoners

vanigo
Novice

Why not use VZ Rewards to reduce your bill?

I have credit cards that allow me to use my rewards to pay my bill.

SFlamingo

Other loyalty programs have rewards that you don't have to fight for. Why does Verizon make only a limited number available?  Why make people have to click just in time on the first of the month (or whenever) to get a reward that they want? This problem of scarcity of rewards was also the case with the previous rewards program. It's silly (or insulting?) to try to promote a 'rewards' program when only some of the people will get some of what they want some of the time.

bogie102

And this is also for Stef7.

Many customers (probably most customers) have a monthly bill which is less than $300, so it is almost mandatory that it takes at least 2 billing cycles to earn 1 point (more like 1.5 points, but you only give out whole points at a time).  And you don't let the points accumulate for more than 60 days, so you are obviously trying to steer customers toward some other way to accumulate points.  Aha!   Shopping at the Verizon store.  Buying new phones, accessories and other items.  All are charged at FULL RETAIL PRICE.  Most people today are smart shoppers and know how to find items at 20-50% off the full retail price, so why should they buy at your prices in order to accumulate 1-2 "UP" points?  I think people on here are universally saying that you need to let the UP points accumulate for more than 60 days OR let people apply UP points towards reducing their bills.  All the other phone companies are attacking you on your prices, when are you going to fight back against those attacks?

stef7

I concur. I cannot see value in the Verizon Up program. And as evidenced by other posters in other posts, it's actually the exact opposite of an incentives program. The designer(s) of this program should reach out to loyal customers and implement something valuable and wanted.

bogie102

Since the UP system seems capable of giving $5 discounts or credits toward some services like streaming Apple music, why can't they give coupons worth $5 on music downloads--specifically Android or Amazon downloads.  I do not like Apple or iTunes or anything that gives you .AAC compressed songs, would prefer to get standard .WAV or .MP3 songs.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bogie102,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback suggestions to improve our Verizon Up program, especially a different music reward selection. Verizon Up is just our way of saying Thank You for being a Verizon Wireless customer and is completely free. Each reward is only 1 credit allowing you to select an item once the 1 credit is earned. We always want you to receive the best value for your device accessory purchases. Click here for a direct link to our Accessory Deals page https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/sale/. Every dollar counts, so we know that great pricing is important when selecting cellphone services. Our Unlimited plans offer the best network with the best plan pricing, click here for details https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/ . Are you experiencing issues with your account plan? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Kind of like Chuckie Cheese tickets only not as easy to earn. 

Yup, I’m going there... T-mobile knows how to do a rewards program.

0 Likes

Trelis25

I don't think the Verizon Up program is the loyalty or incentives program people seem to think it is in this thread.

To me it seems like another program for Verizon to monetize customers for advertising purposes.

Verizon has several programs for advertising:

Customer Proprietary Network Information - Sharing full personal information within Oath family of companies (Verizon, AOL, Yahoo).  Opt out under My profile-> Privacy Settings.

Business & Marketing Insights.  Share aggregate information with advertisers based on Web traffic, use of your mobile device (like what apps you use, I don't know if they look at private data), your location, and demographics information.  Opt out under My profile-> Privacy Settings.

Relevant Mobile Advertising.  Shares personal information within Oath family. Uses postal and e-mail address, demographics, Verizon service information (including which mobile device you use), which web sites you visit that use Oath advertising, browser cookies, and Apple ID, Google ID, and Verizion UIDH tracking information.  Opt out under My profile -> Privacy Settings.

Verizon Select.  Shares aggregate information with advertisers based on web traffic, app usage, use of Verizon services, location, and “other information about you (such as your postal/email addresses, demographics, and interests)”.  You opt in to this program when you sign up for Verizon Up.  This is how Verizon Up makes money.

If you use Verizon TV services there are also the Relevant Online Advertising and Relevant TV Advertising programs.