Verizon Up is so disappointing

SFlamingo

I don't understand why Verizon is pushing this "UP" rewards thing. I have gotten message upon message telling me to go pick out a reward. And I see a whopping six choices, none of which I would EVER want. In fact you'd have to pay me to take a couple of them.

What's the point of this? To irritate your customers? Please don't give me a canned answer about how so many of your customers love this new feature. I'm telling you that there are plenty of customers who find this useless, a time waste, and frankly insulting (to think that a whopping six choices is going to please us).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)

Re: Verizon Up is so disappointing

stef7

What were your choices? I'm just curious...

I wouldn't join it because points disappear in 60 calendar days... Hello - what's that all about? I'd like to save up some serious points to use towards something interesting, but honestly, the points I can accumulate, if I understand the program correctly are not worth the hassle.

Seems like a poorly designed program replaces a poorly designed program.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi SFlamingo,

Verizon Up is our new rewards program that allows you to earn rewards and receive special offers. We want this program to provide great experiences that you won't stop talking about and rewards that you really want. This is truly our way of saying Thank You for being a customer. It saddens me to hear that this not your experience and we want to help file feedback for improvements. What reward choices would you like to see available? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stef7,

We know that having the option to save your points towards something interesting when using a reward program is important. We want this program to bring happiness and I apologize that this is not occurring. 

You start building towards Verizon Up credits with the first bill you pay after enrolling. If you don't reach $300 in one monthly bill cycle, the amount accumulates month by month until you reach the $300 threshold for 1 credit.

• Earned credits expire 60 days after they are added to your account.
  • You can have up to 10 credits in your Verizon Up account at any given time.
  • If you have 10 credits saved, you'll stop earning credits until you use at least one of them.
I know that you are wanting to use your credits towards something interesting, please note that Earned Reward options change on the first day of each month. We offer Earned or Unexpected rewards and Super Tickets https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/ question #4. We hope that you will find one of these rewards acceptable and enjoy our Verizon Up program.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

stef7

Pamela,

It takes $300 to earn 1 credit, and if a credit expires 60days after being added to an account:

Imagine the scenario where one pays approx $80/month. To gain a credit, one has to go through 3.75months of spending, rounding up that's 4months.

To gain another credit would take another 4months, but since 60days would have passed... the previous credit would have been lost.

Unless I mis-understand, there is no real accumulation of credits possible...

So, what can one get with 1 credit?

Highlighted

SFlamingo

Hello Pamela,

Like stef7, I am disappointed that according to the rules of the program, I'll never have more than one credit to spend. My question, like hers, is: what can one get with 1 credit? 

As noted above, I was offered six choices on which to spend my one credit, and none of them was remotely worth the trouble of even asking for it.

You asked, what would I like to see available?  Well the promos for the program show something having to do with Starbucks. I would be glad to get something from Starbucks for one credit. But apparently it's necessary to have more than one credit to get anything from Starbucks.  Or else by the time something from Starbucks is offered, my credit will have expired.

Sorry, but this program is dead on arrival as far as I'm concerned. 

I hope you can use the above comments toward some day fashioning a program that customers can actually use, and will like.

MT74_98

I agree, this is not a good program, at all.  Very few choices, and choices I would not pick.
BUT, I did pick one, and guess what?  It didn't work!  Aaaaagh.  So I have to call customer service.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, stef7.

I see your point about the mathematics of how often a credit is earned, related to when it expires. I just took a deeper look and have some good news. There are no awards that cost more than one credit, though the value of the awards does vary. More good news. Suppose you get a gift card or Device dollars. Once you’ve used the award to get the gift card, that balance itself has an expiration date which is often much longer than 60 days. Using your scenario of monthly payment, you could purchase a gift card with one credit, hold onto it, and in four months, add another credit’s worth to that card. Does that help clear up some details about the program?

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us SFlamingo. We appreciate your feedback. I will lift your suggestion up to our leadership team. They will speak to our rewards program team and hopefully implement some changes.

JoeL_VZW

stef7

No not really. It suggests some flexibility that isn't even documented with the program. It's not like I don't trust you, but it doesn't seem on the surface designed well at all. Points should not expire, and when you attempt to redeem a reward, it should be simple and fast. People having to call VZW to redeem an award?

The program is currently configured to have the exact opposite effect.

Tell leadership - any critical thinking consumer is going to question the "mathematics" of the program. The designers of the program need to LISTEN to the consumers. How about they reach out to a pool of customers and ask exactly what they'd like in a rewards program?