Highlighted

Verizon Up Super Ticket Rule Change

droleary2

I was disappointed to find out (through a call to the Verizon Up Support number) that the rules for the Super Tickets changed during March 2019 and nothing from Verizon was sent to the users informing us of the new "rules." 

Why weren't the current Verizon Up participants advised prior to the change which now limits winners of "high value" Super Tickets a 24 month wait time before another Super Ticket will be available and a "lower value" Super Ticket" winner has to wait 6 months?  

When I asked what is the monetary value determined to be "High Value" as compared to "Low Value" they couldn't answer the question.

When asked why weren't current users notified they said you have to go to the website to see changes (1- We are required to use the app for Verizon UP, so who goes to the website? 2 - There wasn't a "message or alert" notifying current program participants to even go to a website.)

If Verizon wants to correct their mistake ( I understand why they are limiting the Super Ticket winners) then they should send out a notification and announce a start date for the new rules which would begin from that point forward and not penalize those who have won in the past.   I'd certainly not have chosen to try and win movie tickets if I had known this was in effect.

Re: Verizon Up Super Ticket Rule Change

Customer Service Rep

droleary2, we understand the importance of making sure all of our customers stay up to date on any changes when it comes to our products and services. We truly value your feedback and we will lift your concern to the proper department. We do want to let you know that a Super Ticket with a total value of $600 or higher (i.e., a Super Ticket that meets the 1099 tax threshold) will be considered a High Value Super Ticket.  Please review more details about our Verizon Up Rewards program here http://vz.to/2urw8Q8.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes

kidqwik
Novice

Yep.  I called them up when I wasn't seeing any Super Tickets showing for me but my coworkers were.  This supposedly went into effect March 21st and I was told yesterday by a VerizonUP manager it shouldn't effect me since the last Super Tickets I won were on March 15th.  Yet I still do not see any SuperTickets showing two week later.  There was NO announcement by Verizon and STILL there is no posting of the new rules on the app or the VerizonUP FAQ regarding this change.  I basically went off on them in a polite way yesterday saying this is fraud.  Verizon is VERY quick to put up any changes to any programs, but this seems to be done in a hush hush kind of way as to not let the angry customer flood gates open.  I was told yesterday that I think the 6 month wait was for prize totals up to $650 and the the 24 month was for things like the Super Bowl tickets with flights that cost I think $2500+ and you have to pay taxes on it.  I asked what if you won the Super Super tickets?  They said you couldn't win any Super Super tickets for 24 months but could win the lesser ones after 6 months.  I'm going to give it another week to see if additional Super Tickets show for me then will call them back yet again and complain.  The manager told me I don't see any Super Tickets right now because there are none for my zip code.  I was like no, that's not true.  Everyone else in my office that has Verizon has tickets showing and we all checked together before, we had the same tickets showing.  I don't think anyone at VerizonUP really knows the full detail of what is going on to be honest.  There should not be a 6 or 24 month waiting period.  The only reason I stayed with Verizon was because of VerizonUP.  Our bills are higher than other carriers as it is. I think 2-3 months for lesser tickets is fair and 12 months for the big prizes.  They're just going to lose customers because of this.  The fact they haven't posted the changes online yet shows they are afraid of that....  Call and complain some more.

0 Likes

kidqwik
Novice

Sylvia,

The changes are STILL not listed on the VerizonUP FAQ.  The link you posted does not mention anything about the new can only one one Super ticket every 6 months or a SUPER Super every 24 months.

0 Likes

Sandy_Girl

The exact same thing happened to me! I stopped seeing Super Tickets available to me and started wondering why none were ever showing. I never received any communication and tried finding any rule changes in the app with no luck. I finally had to online chat and was told about the new 6-24 month rule. I had won tickets in early March and was locked out and have been locked out even though the rule went into effect after I had won! I’m really disappointed in the new rules and hardly see any new gift cards pop up. The last ones I saw were for $3 each! Verizon Up used to reward us, now we are penalized. 😢

0 Likes

boringusername

Gee how greedy? You already won and you want to win again and not let others have a chance?

0 Likes

Sandy_Girl

No, not greedy. I’m very grateful for what I won. The post is in regards to Verizon not informing its customers of the rule changes in the VerizonUp program. 

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

kidqwik, we are glad to see that you are taking advantage of the rewards offered in Verizon Up and we would be glad to clarify about Super Tickets. As shown in our Verizon Up FAQ under item 1

"As an Account Owner or Manager, you can claim one Super Ticket every six months. You may claim one high-value Super Ticket only once every 24 months — for example, a Fly Away Super Ticket to the Super Bowl." https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/#gid918d1841

If your last Super Ticket was claimed on March 21st, you would not be eligible for additional Super Tickets until 6 months from your March 21st claim date. Due to the monetary value of the Super Tickets, you are ineligible for additional Super Tickets based on the limits set by 1099 tax threshold. More information on 1099 tax thresholds can be found here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099msc.pdf

Please note that we understand how valuable these rewards can be, and we make every effort available to ensure that all our customers are able to participate. I have submitted your feedback with the Verizon Up program to the appropriate internal channels for review to improve your experience going forward. Please let us know if this helps to clear things up.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes

kidqwik
Novice

Hi,

None of these Super Tickets changes were told were happening to your customers prior to the changes happening and than for weeks after none of the documentation was changed on the various webpages, FAQs and VerizonUp app about these changes.  People still have no idea what's going on and are just seeing "More Super Tickets Coming Soon" including myself. More Super Tickets coming soon is 6 months from March 21st???  That's soon?  I was told by a Verizon up Manager that since I won tickets before the changes officially went into effect I would still be eligible for SuperTickets, but this is not the case.  You made these changes retroactive prior to the official change date taking effect, didn't notify your customers about the changes in advance, didn't update your documentation to reflect these changes literally for like a month, and still have not update the app to reflect when people are eligble for Super Tickets again but instead mislead them into thinking "More Super Tickets Coming Soon" which is not the case.  And now you changed $5 gift cards to $3, which doesn't even cover the cost of a latte at Starbucks with the gift card.  VerizonUp is down VerizonDown.  You have a good program that kept customers staying with Verizon as we pay higher bills than other carriers with no real added bonuses for the extra cost now.  Had I known you were going to change the VerizonUp program I would have changed carriers after 10+ years.  Now I have an S10+ I got in March with HORRIBLE reception that drops constantly, a comical VerizonUp program, and a company that hasn't been transparent to it's loyal customers.  Bad all around now...

0 Likes

kidqwik
Novice

Greedy?  No.  We just know how to use our thumbs while others seem to expect to win something with ease.  

0 Likes