Highlighted

Verizon Unlimited Plan data limitations

I read the following on The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs under General Information No. 10 that stated the following "after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers during network congestion". Is this saying that each line under an account will be limited to 22 GB of data prior to prioritization of other users during congestion? My current plan that consist of two lines, requires to share my plan of 12 GB. Will this apply to the unlimited plan? will usage of both lines count towards the 22 GB prior to prioritization or will each line be susceptible to the 22 GB limitation regardless of the use of the other line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Unlimited Plan data limitations

Sr. Leader

Each line on the account is counted separately for the 22 GB, not shared like before. If one line hits 22GB, only that line will be subject to deprioritization, and the other line will not until it hits 22GB.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Each line on the account is counted separately for the 22 GB, not shared like before. If one line hits 22GB, only that line will be subject to deprioritization, and the other line will not until it hits 22GB.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This related response is directed at a Verizon Rep:

Q1. When will Verizon change #DATA to return data used on that phone and not return shared data across all phones in the plan?

Q2. Online data usage alert bar needs to be changed to allow each user to set their desired usage amount, when at, would send out an alert TO THAT PHONE. 

Example: Each user be able to set markers for their data usage at 10gb, 15gb, 20gb and 22gb, as/if desired.

These changes are necessary because, as you know, while Verizon advertises "UNLIMITED" Data, prioritization is applied when a phone exceeds 22gb.

When will Verizon correct/update these features for Unlimited Data Plan subscribers?

Thank you,

Ira

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The Android smartphones allows you to place a limit on the data allowed to use by that device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154 - your response has nothing to do with my two questions.  It is NOT a limit to the amount of data that each phone user on the UNLIMITED plan needs to know, rather when they have used/consumed, markers on a bar graph similar to what has been used when you need to know you are low (with Shared Data plans) but in this case to know when you approaching 22GB.  As far as I can tell that is NOT implemented as such online nor does #DATA provide individual data amounts.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The MyVerizon application shows how much data is consumed per line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154:  Thanks - I looked at the app for IOS.  Yes, looks like it has same features as when I login from PC (or if/when) I have from iPad/iPhone.  Yes, the app is designed for the device and would be a better experience than logging in via browser on device.

Now back to my two requests (if you know they exist tell me where/how):

1. # Data to return the data used ONLY for the phone that called in and is on the UNLIMITED PLAN?

2. Change the existing useless data alert feature (look for yourself) such that EACH phone user can set markers at various amounts like when they reached 10GB, reached 15Gb, reached 20Gb and of course big surprise, when they reached 22GB.

Do you agree that NEITHER of my requests exist [yet] for the UNLIMITED PLAN ... YES/NO ???

And yes I and family happily switched to the Unlimited plan.

Do you agree that what I have been stating and restating is of value?  Excuse me for add that your presenting other means of finding does not correct for #DATA that currently returns SHARED DATA TOTAL that is of NO USE to individuals in UNLIMITED plan.  I could care less how others in my plan blow data.  Finally, it's a don't care!

I have already requested this be passed up the line when in conversation with a Verizon Rep.  Still hoping that a rep is hearing my plea ... I always find myself helping others in this manner.

Ira

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You are correct. I suspect we will be seeing a revamp of the apps and web page over the next few weeks to better reflect the new plans. You have great ideas for the app and website to better reflect the important parameters with the new plans.

Highlighted

Thanks for correct answer

0 Likes