Highlighted

Verizon Text Messaging details are incomplete/wrong

Hi,

Every since Verizon switched to the new layout, the messaging details are completely wrong. It's missing a large chunk of data. For example, Verizon tells me I received 300 text messages. However, only about 70 are displayed (My Usage -> Msg details).

The same is true for phone calls. Verizon doesn't properly track my phone calls, either. There's something wrong and I hope it gets fixed soon.

Any idea what could be the issue?

Highlighted

Re: Verizon Text Messaging details are incomplete/wrong

Customer Support

Hello there, sproleee! Verifying your detail usage is essential, and we would be more than happy to help you today. Can you please elaborate further? How are you looking up the detailed usage? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Essentially:

- Click "My Usage"

- Select phone number

- Click "Msg details"

Then look at the log. The log is incomplete and has a lot of missing data. Let's say Verizon says there are 500 text messages. But only about 120 are shown. A large chunk of data is missing.

This is also true for phone calls. Some phone calls that I made are not recorded in the log, but are added to the total minutes used.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Thank you so much for that information sproleee. Does the list just cut off or does it have a link for more messages but it just doesn't open? How have you tried to access this information? Via the browser or My Verizon app?

CandiceH_VZW

Highlighted

It’s none of that. It literally doesn’t display texts that were sent or received at all. Same result on mobile and browser.

You will have to send this directly to Verizon’s engineering team because it’s a data issue that customer support really can’t solve.

Highlighted

Customer Support

sproleee, we'd love to help you resolve this situation. Please reply to our private note to better assist you. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have the same problem, what was the solution?