Highlighted

Verizon Sucks

Let's go back to December 2013 when I went to the Verizon store to buy a phone for Christmas, and the manager was rude.  I vowed to NEVER go to that STORE (not franchise) ever AGAIN.  But, hours before a business trip my Iphone 4 stopped working (speaker went out).  I had to go back to that same rude store, and a new manager was there.  He was so nice, so convincing, told me he was brought in to change that store around, he KNEW I was in a hurry to get to the airport.  He took advantage of the situation, and sold me 2 tablets.  Well, here we are 3 months later and I guess my introductory rate is over and now I am being charged $26 per month for these tablets.  That is an extra $50 for 2 tablets per month, and one has not even been taken out of the box! - I called Verizon tonight, what did they offer?  For me to talk to financial services to set up a payment plan or get out of my contract for $145 for EACH tablet.  The problem is my bill right now is almost $500. (gee thanks!) so he switches me over to financial services and guess what?  They are closed (how convenient).  My other option is to go to the Verizon store to try to tell them that I didnt understand I was under a 2 year contract.  Really?  That in and of itself just angers me because I was NEVER TOLD the stupid tablets had a 2 year contract let alone a $26 per month fee.  - The new slick manager  pleasantly told me $10 per month and assured me I could "opt out of the tablets at anytime - they dont require a service".  Thanks Verizon …way to maintain customers. You SUCK.

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Sucks

First of all there is no such thing as an "Introductory rate" on anything Cellphone wise at Verizon. Second you signed the terms and contracts for the devices, no one held a gun to your head. This all boils down to you pawning off the blame on someone else because you didn't take time to do your due diligence.

Highlighted

Um wow ok my fiance and I had the EXACT same thing happen. NEVER were we told that is was a 2 contract for the tablets. Not to mention more problems we are having with Verizon financially but our bill is CONSTANTLY changing Every month. We are dropping verizon after we get the Financials situated. They are a joke.

Highlighted

The bill is the same Every month unless you, the user changes it somehow. If you people would just do your job and read when you buy things this could be avoided. I can't believe that many people thing Verizon just sells tablets cheaper than the manufacturer because they can go on a plan.....Like what are you people thinking?

Highlighted

Can the OP sell them to recoup the fees?

0 Likes
Highlighted

They sure can! They should get pretty close to what they are paying/paid because the one hasn't even left the box

Highlighted

Great, thank you ynggrsshppr91, so helpful to pointing out "my due diligence" - so helpful during a stressful situation.  Do you work for verizon ?  As I stated, I was in a hurry, and yes, I believe they took advantage of the situation.  Your comments are not that helpful, but good for you trying to rack up those points.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Awesome...run in to fix a phone in a hurry and walk out with 2 new tablets.  Ever get that iphone fixed?

Highlighted

Employees have an avatar identifying them as such, which is a point reiterated in almost every ranting thread on these forums. Your situation is a common one. Have you never encountered sales people before? Yes, they talk fast and are soooo nice...then, whoops, they force you to buy things you don't want. Then they force you to keep them despite not using them. You accepted two tablets, one of which you say you never opened, thinking some nice man gave you these gifts. Now you are mad because you can't get out of a contract YOU AGREED TO.

My point is that you are essentially saying you had no choice but to accept these tablets and therefore cannot possibly be held accountable for any part of the situation.  I do not buy (or accept "free") items I have no use for, regardless of the slick talking salespeople.  How is this NOT your fault?

Highlighted

Gee thanks flutter fly and Snn5, but not very helpful.  The walking out with the tablets is totally my doing, I get that.  My argument is that they salesman stated that the tablets get "free wifi" which they do without having to be set up for the $10 per month fee.  You (as the consumer) have to be sure that they do not activate the tablets or else you will charged- which was not explained to me.  …sheesh, last time I use a forum to open something up for some discussion and or advice..