Verizon Messages does not work?

JDBeyer

I download the app on another phone and when I start it up and hit get started it immediately goes to message lists instead of asking for my verizon number to get messages from it

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Verizon Messages does not work?

rtiffin
Novice

JDBeyer in order for anyone to assist we will need to know more information

you state you downloaded the app on another phone... from where did you download the app and onto what type of phone

and does this phone have the same number as the one the app was on??

Please advise

0 Likes

JDBeyer

IT is a Samsung Galaxy S3. It has no number on it I use it for wifi.

Is is running android 4.4.2.

It asks me to make it the default mms app and that is it.

I remember using a Iphone(just on wifi) with this app and it asked me for my number and worked as soon i typed in the verification code. Now it wont even ask me to type my number in to send the verification code.

0 Likes

rtiffin
Novice

do you have a working device with Verizon? and is this the device you have loaded the message app on to

0 Likes

JDBeyer

I do but I am trying to use a different device to also get my messages.

0 Likes

rtiffin
Novice

is the device you are trying to use a phone that WAS with Verizon? and is it the same type of device you currently have ??? you really need to give more information I am afraid ..I do not have access to customers accounts but need to know so I can give you a proper answer

0 Likes
Highlighted

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Yeah, you should need to register it as one of one of your devices.  Perhaps uninstall and re install again.  I know my PC is registered and my phone was registered.  On Android I was asked for a texted verification code.  On your main phone look into Vzw Messages settings and look for registered devices.

JDBeyer

I click subscribe and it does not ask for sign in when I first open app it doesn't do the thing for verification text even after uninstall reinstall

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

The phone must have a number assigned to it.  It must be an active phone.  Other non-phone devices do not require this.

0 Likes

JDBeyer

I used an At&t iphone with it WiFi only and it worked fine. It asked for the phone number verification everything now this android WiFi only just doesn't do the same thing. I'm using it in a device that is not my number

0 Likes