Highlighted

Verizon Lies and Doesn't Care

I have been e-mailing a Verizon employee for over 3 months I first got an apology for her lack of response, then I was told she would not call me because she did not think it was necessary, then I was told that she does not handle customer service issues and to call someone else.

The issue... well I had a warranty on my phone which stopped working. I called and got a refurbished phone, and took it to a store to get them switched. The phone within 10 minutes did not work, it did not even turn on. I called Verizon asking for a new phone instead of a refurbished one to avoid this happening again I was told I would get one and was transferred then I was told no I won't get one but I can get upgraded to an iphone 6 and be creditted $25 each month. I was sent an e-mail of this:

This email is to confirm receipt of your recent request to Verizon Wireless. Thank you for taking the time to contact us concerning your account. We would like to inform you that your request has been processed.

We are willing to credit you $25 to assist with an upgrade on the Device Payment Agreement. The DPA will apply a $25 discount each month to your plan to compensate for the $23 monthly payments for a new iPhone 6 16GB. A store representative can also go over this information in further detail.

I also asked if my bill would change SEVERAL times with the representative and was told no. When I went to get my phone from the Verizon store I was told my bill would change and that I already have a discount so this will not be applied.

Note* it says that the DPA WILL apply it, which means it will happen in the future not that I have already gotten a discount. The $25 is to cover the payments for a new iphone 6, it is clearly stated and yet Verizon refuses to honor this agreement.

I was lied to and I am not a happy customer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Lies and Doesn't Care

what plan are you on?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Out of contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I've seen a friend have this happen for him before when he got the new iPhone.  Looks like with the discount, there are a few requirements.  If you are on the More Everything Plan with at least 6GB or higher, you get the $25 off no problem.  I know on his first bill he didn't' see it, but then the next one it showed up and it has been there ever since.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I was told at the Verizon Wireless store and by Customer Service when I called just now to see if they would help, that my bill would higher every month and that the person who sent me this e-mail must not have looked at my plan. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

If you don't mind my asking, what plan are you on?  If you are on any kind of More Everything plan you get a discount, it just varies by data package size.  6gb and higher = $25 off and 4gb and lower = $15 off.

0 Likes
Highlighted

An out of contract plan, to be honest I have spoken to them about every option. The problem isn't just about getting a new phone, it's more that my time was wasted and the principle of it. I was told I would receive something, and then told that I would not because the customer service representative made a mistake.

0 Likes
Highlighted

we understand that you're currently not under contract however we want to know specifically what plan you're on as the issue likely lies in that the rep did not take your current plan into consideration when discussing the discounts. there's Nationwide, More Everything, Loyalty plans, and now Verizon plans with varying amounts of data

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm on the more everything plan with 10gb of data

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Then you absolutely should be getting the $25 discount no problem. 

0 Likes