Verizon Edge

nikki130206
Member

It says you can upgrade after you have paid 75% of your phone, what happens to the other 25%?  Does it continue over so that you are paying 25% for the old phone then you are also paying for the new phone?  Also, if you can upgrade after a year and I am in a year contract why does it say I can not upgrade my phone another year after the first year?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Verizon Edge

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

With the Edge program, if you have paid off 75% of the cost of the phone, and opt to "Edge Up", you turn in the phone and exchange it for (hopefully) the newest, latest, greatest.  You then make Edge payments on that phone, until you have paid 75% and then you can "Edge Up" again.  It's like leasing a car - at the end of the lease you can trade it in on another lease, or buy it, or turn it in and be done with it all.

Edging up is optional; you can continue with payments until it's paid in full, and then you own the phone.  You can start a new Edge (and keep the old phone), or move to anew carrier, or do nothing and keep the phone you have, or... whatever.

There is no "contract" per se with the Edge agreement; I'm not sure where you are getting the one year till upgrade info.  Were you on a contract prior to the Edge plan, and got an "early Edge"?  In those cxases, it appears the old contract end date is still in effect even if you pay off the Edge phone....confusing for sure.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Verizon Edge

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

With the Edge program, if you have paid off 75% of the cost of the phone, and opt to "Edge Up", you turn in the phone and exchange it for (hopefully) the newest, latest, greatest.  You then make Edge payments on that phone, until you have paid 75% and then you can "Edge Up" again.  It's like leasing a car - at the end of the lease you can trade it in on another lease, or buy it, or turn it in and be done with it all.

Edging up is optional; you can continue with payments until it's paid in full, and then you own the phone.  You can start a new Edge (and keep the old phone), or move to anew carrier, or do nothing and keep the phone you have, or... whatever.

There is no "contract" per se with the Edge agreement; I'm not sure where you are getting the one year till upgrade info.  Were you on a contract prior to the Edge plan, and got an "early Edge"?  In those cxases, it appears the old contract end date is still in effect even if you pay off the Edge phone....confusing for sure.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Verizon Edge

bizzareone
Sr. Member

Just a side note to SuzyQ's answer. If you are going to "early edge up" and you have not payed off the 75% then you will have to pay the difference of the amount of what you have paid up to the 75% of the retail price.

0 Likes