Verizon Customer Service Covering up Major Flaw

JAMCAL79

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience in the event anyone cares. Out of nowhere this month, my wife's phones data usage spiked. I called as I know this month we have been home and on wifi all month as i can see it in my usage. The response was very poor, went through a few tips including turn wifi-assist off in cellular. They said they would call me back later in the day to check in. No call came back and we went out to dinner the night of the 17th. We didnt use the phone much at all over dinner and the newport boat parade yet we got another alert from verizon saying we had gone over our limit. What the heck? I called the next morning to complain and ask about what is going on and i told them my wife didnt have wifi-assist feature on her phone so they had me check Facebook to turn off the "videos" when loading area even though thats turned on on my phone and it hasn't caused my phone data issues. They also tried to make me feel better about my phone using data without my permission or knowledge by offering me 2 free GB of data if i download an app. Hmmm, lets see. There is a technical issue and something is wrong with the service i am paying for and you want to turn a blind eye and try to get me to download an app to make me feel better? Here is where i lost it...it happened again the last two days. I called again this morning saying please help me fix this because i can't pay overages for using data we aren't actually using. I am totally feeling hostage here. After being passed on to multiple people today, they tell me we have to update the software to IOS 9.2 because "this sort of thing can happen." So here I am, being charged of 10 GB of data we didnt use, technical support that failed to catch the issue multiple times thus causing more data issues and now another person on the phone asks me to download something to get the 2 GB of free data. Is it me or am I crazy as a CONSUMER to feel i have rights around this subject?

Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 9.48.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-24 at 9.49.00 AM.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Verizon Customer Service Covering up Major Flaw

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jamcal79-

I absolutely care about what is going on with your wife's phone. I am here to put another set of eyes on this situation so together we can come up with the best resolution. It sounds like you have gone through a lot of troubleshooting so far, which I greatly appreciate. I have sent you a private message in order to dig a little deeper. I look forward to the opportunity to assist you from here.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

You should contact the FCC and file a complaint. This is obviously an issue that they should not be charging you for, and they are making no attempt to fix it or remove the charges from your bill.

0 Likes

JAMCAL79

great idea. i will. i can't be the only one having this happen.

0 Likes

They have TERRIBLE customer support when it comes to acknowledging that there is a problem and not charging people when they shouldn't be.
I had an issue for about 3 months where I could really not make or receive calls. The service was very spotty, so I would have bars, then suddenly it would drop to nothing, then come back, then drop again, and this happened constantly. I was able to make calls sometimes, and my bill shows I used minutes because of this, but either the call would drop, or the person I was talking to would be unable to hear anything I was saying, so even though my bills shows I used minutes, I was not able to actually use my phone to make or receive calls during this time. I spoke to someone about it at the time, and they tried to blame they problems on my phone, but it wasn't my phone because my daughter was having the same issues.

When I asked about getting a possible credit for these problems, they said they would credit me $5 which is just an insult! I have been trying to find out if this was a known issue so I can try to get the credit to my account that I actually deserve

0 Likes

dexman

I don't own an iPhone, but, my Samsung Galaxy S4 should have similar features. I believe there is a screen on the iPhone where you can check how much data is being consumed by various apps and processes. If so, what does it show?

Also, if the iPhone has a tool that allows you to set thresholds that will trigger a warning if data consumption crosses over during a billing cycle, has it been activated and setup?

I have a tiny 1GB/month plan. I've combed through just about every function on the phone and, wherever possible, restricted functions to WiFi.

0 Likes